Persistance Problem

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by snackynak

A couple weeks ago I managed to set up my own dedicated server on my PC so that I can run my own private matches and save my progress on some of my open-ended missions that I've made. Initially, it seemed to be working out OK. I did a few test runs, got the results to show up on the WarRoom, then kind of put it down for a few days. However, once I came back to it, I noticed the WarRoom stopped recording, and the server save dialog was getting hung up on player logistics and not properly exiting. After a bit of tinkering, I'm still not sure what exactly is going on and how to fix it. At first I thought it was this latest BI DLC that might have screwed things up, but looking at the WarRoom, other people don't seem to be having that problem. So i figure it must be on my end somehow.
    So here's some of the details:
    I'm using TADST to set up the Server, with these launch parameters

-port=2302 "-config=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\TADST\AlivePersist_V\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\TADST\AlivePersist_V\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\TADST\AlivePersist_V" -name=AlivePersist_V -netlog "-mod=_CommonRedist;Launcher;Kart;demo;Heli;Curator;@CBA_A3;@ALiVE;@ALiVEServer;@Blastcore-A3;@Blastcore-Tracers;@mcc_sandbox;@FC-37 Thunder;@PG_Services;RHSAFRF;RHSUSF;@RDS;@CHO_F35B;@JS_JC_FA18;@JS_JC_SU35;@sfp;@Sukhoi_T-50" -enableHT

I have a test mission set up with the following modules:

Alive(required), Alive Virtual AI, Alive Database, Alive player options, 2x Ai Commanders, 3 cust mil placements
    For units, I just use vanilla objects, persistence is turn on

Once I start the mission up, and get to the role selection screen, I log in as admin and enter the mission. Then I order my teammates to do some stuff, and then I save and exit the server. Save dialog comes up, but stops at alive player logistics, even though the server console reads game finished.

Here's a copy of the full rpt log:

I'm guessing, this section describes the culprit, but I'm don't know what exactly is wrong:

ALiVE Global INIT
    ALiVE Global Init Timer Started
    ALiVE [m_0|30] Module ALiVE_sys_data INIT
    ALIVE_SYS_DATA START PLUGIN: SYS_DATA_ERROR
    ALiVE SYS_DATA - GROUP NAME: SYS_DATA_ERROR
    ALiVE SYS_DATA_COUCHDB - READ DATA: SendJSON ["GET", "sys_data/config", "" , "arma3live"]
    ALiVE SYS_DATA_COUCHDB - READ DATA RESPONSE: SYS_DATA_ERROR
    ALiVE SYS_DATA_COUCHDB - READ DATA RESULT: SYS_DATA_ERROR
    ALiVE SYS_DATA - CONFIG: SYS_DATA_ERROR
    ALiVE-0 CANNOT CONNECT TO DATABASE, DISABLING DATA MODULE

And the server console log:

0:24:01 Dedicated host created.
     0:24:17 Host identity created.
     0:24:18 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
     0:42:09 Player xxxxx connecting.
     0:42:09 Mission Alive Persist test Vanilla read from bank.
     0:42:11 Player xxxxx connected (id=xxxxxxxxxx).
     0:42:20 Admin xxxxx logged in.
     0:42:25 Roles assigned.
     0:42:25 Reading mission ...
     0:42:36 Mission read.
     0:42:51 Game started.
     0:44:29 Game finished.

If anyone can help shed some light on what's going on, it would be much appreciated.

2. Tupolov

14 Nov 2014 Administrator
    Edited 9 years ago by Tupolov

The ALiVE Server DLL plugin is not working. Have you grabbed the very latest plugin from the War Room?

Did you ensure that ALiVE War Room has the correct IP for your PC?

Ensure you download 0.9 and the latest @ALiVEServer from War Room.

Step 1 Download and install BareTail (log monitor)
    Step 2 Launch Arma3server.exe with the @CBA_A3, @ALiVE and @ALiveServer in the mod line on your dedicated server. Ensure the ALiVEServer addon has been downloaded into the Arma root folder
    Step 3 Launch your arma3.exe as normal (with @CBA_A3, @ALiVE but no need for @ALiVEServer on your client)
    Step 4 Run the ALiVE Quick Start MP mission on your dedicated local server and connect with your client, go into the game
    Step 5 (on your dedicated server) In baretail open users/username/appdata/local/Arma 3/AliveServer.log
    Step 6 (on your dedicated server) In baretail open the alive.log file in your Arma 3 root directory (it may be in the users/username/appdata/local/ALiVE folder if you set that up).
    Step 7 (on your dedicated server) In baretail open Arma3Server RPT usually users/username/appdata/local/Arma3/

Post your logs to pastebin and link here (specifically aliveserver.log).

3. Alright, So I downloaded the @aliveserver file from the warroom server setup page, and replaced the @aliveserver folder that comes in the @ALiVE_0.9.0.141025 file from the main page, which is what I was originally using and it seems to be working now again. Well, it's not hanging up on saving any more. The empty vehicle I was in when I saved and exited disappeared completely when I came back, but that's probably something completely different. Thanks for your help though, I just assumed those folders were the same.

Alive.log:

AliveServer.log:

Arma3 Server Report:

4. 8 years ago

Reviving this thread to see if there may be a possible clue why I can't connect to the War Room.

If it's any help to anyone who can aid me here...had a buddy do the exact same installation and got the exact same issue.

So it's obvious that there is a step somewhere for folks installing TADST to run this that is missing or that we overlooked.

I've gone over the War Room installation instructions about 5 times with the same result.

5. In case a Dev sees this thread and not the other thread....

Tupolov or any other Dev...

Here is my latest armaserver log.

http://pastebin.com/VnZDEHgz

I can't find an Alive log anywhere so this is all I have.

6. Friznit

28 Jul 2015 Administrator

Check your IP address is correct in War Room. Use https://www.whatismyip.com/ to find your external IP.

Tup will no doubt ask for you to run ALiVE Data module with debug on and send the server rpt.

7. Tupolov

25 Aug 2015 Administrator

Doesn't look like you have placed the Database Module in your mission.

or Sign Up to reply!