CUP - Chernarus compatibility

1. 8 years ago

I could have sworn I saw a post where someone mentioned they were using CUP maps with no issues, but I just spent half a day setting one up from scratch on Chernarus and when I entered the game everyone was moon-walking or swimming in the earth. Did I do something wrong or is this a known incompatibility?

2. Friznit

25 Mar 2016 Administrator

Works fine. If you're copy/pasting in the 3D editor, make sure everything's at ground level.

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Definitely this. I have found copy/paste is awful in 3DEN, one reason being because it ignores height placement. Same thing happened to me.

4. Edited 8 years ago by poweredbypot

oh, that is entirely possibly my problem, thanks guys!!

edit: Soooo, the only editor placed units I have are 12 indivudiuals occupying playable slots, Everything else is placed by ALiVE. I tried all the editor tricks to snap them to terrain and orient with ground level, but they still like to do the dirt backstroke, and ALiVE patrols in the distance can be seen a hundred yards in the air not far away.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=652475213
    You can clearly see the moonwalkers on the left, but the guys in the ground on the right are stuttering too fast for the picture to show.

I am only using CBA, ALiVE, Warlords, and CUP Terrains. The same setup works fine on Altis/Stratis, I'm havent tried any other CUP maps yet but I guess I will while I wait for some insight if anyone has any to offer.

5. OK, I just made a new test mission on chernarus with the bare minimum sectors and objectives and the issues is still there. This time around not a single thing was copy/pasted so there must be something else at work here.

6. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Are the objects floating in the 3D view in the editor itself? Or just when you launch the mission?

EDIT: I missed your post two up. Very strange!

Yeah it has to be the map.

7. Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

The only problem I have with CUP's Chernarus is that one of the big buildings (all I know is that it's used as a bank in Chernarus Life) has a bunch of big holes in it where the interior doors should be, so you can see into the void space between the map.

You may want to verify the game and addon cache to make sure everything downloaded/updated correctly. Those large workshop files are prone to slight corruptions that can cause strange behavior like this.

8. 7 years ago

So I'm noticing on a dedicated server, manually placed helicopters for logistics transport seem to be floating several feet above the ground on Chernarus. The photos above seem to have been removed so I'm not sure if this is a similar issue or not.

Is anyone else using Chernarus right now seeing any odd issues in a dedicated server environment?

9. Hi Heroesandvillains,

i'm currently building a mission on chernarus summer using CUP units alongside Massis units and BWMOD as playable slots and part of the CAS player support.

I use 3DEN enhanced mod and have found that some of the BWMOD helis placed manually on the northeast airfield were NOT FLOATING in the air, but on the contrary SINKING into the ground when playtesting!

This happened when playing on a rented dedi I recently aquired for getting more "horsepower" for my ALIVE missions.

But various ground vehicles from CUP never showed that behaviour or the floating in the air. Also a CUP Chinook or various CUP Hinds did not show the floating when placed besides the BWMOD helis on same airfield - ARMA Black Magic at it's best I daresay...

Actually the two of us could help each other out a bit with our current projects - saw you posting a question regarding manually created tasks like destroy building or kill HVT with the !alive building1 or !alive hvt1 kind of syntax and I have made just that kind of stuff in my mission, too! I'll get back to you for that stuff in the other thread ;-)

Kind regards,

tourist

10. Fall floats, summer sinks. Odd! Yeah, my issues are on a dedicated server as well. In SP everything is fine. Also, the choppers are totally functioning; it's not like me or the AI can't board them. We can. They just float above the ground in a dedi environment which is strange.

Yeah, I'm off again on again working on a mission on Capraia where all of the tasks are manually created. It's not bad. It's just not really all that great yet. I made 5 tasks I think and honestly, it may just be a little too lengthy of a mission to expect anyone to complete everything in one sitting. And I have no idea if it's functioning in a co-op environment (let alone JIP), and I'm also going to assume these tasks (I.E. Triggers) won't persist between sessions. I have no idea if ALiVE persistence tracks those sorts of things but I doubt it.

I'd love to see what you're up to. Keep me posted.

or Sign Up to reply!