Opfor vs Opfor

1. 8 years ago

Hi there

I'm creating a mission with alive + ace + rhs + caf aggressors.
    I want there to be 4 parties involved.
    US(BLUF) on invade
    RUS(OPF) on invade
    some militia(OPF) on occupy
    and rebels (OPF) on assymetric

But I did come over a little problem: the OPF-factions don't war on each other, only on the US as single BLUF.
    Is there a way to make different OPF-factions un-friendly to each other?

As alternative I wanted to put a independant faction in:
    US(BLUF) on invade
    RUS(OPF) on invade
    AAF(IND) on occupy

Now the OPF and IND war on each other, same goes for OPF and BLUF. But BLUF and IND just stare at each other and shake hands.
    On which module can I assign the friendliness between factions/sides?

2. Friznit

25 Mar 2016 Administrator

Editor > Attributes Menu > Independents Allegiance.

There's nothing you can do with ALiVE to change the sides.

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Unfortunately in Arma you cannot make factions attack other factions of the same side. If you tried,it would turn into a free for all and they would all kill eachother regardless of faction :)

4. Thanks all. I found the Attributes Menu where to make Independents and Blu-Force enemies.
    Kinda sad you cannot make fraction vs fraction on one side, but I redesigned my mission.

5. GunnyDev

31 Mar 2016 Administrator

1/2 vs 1/3 would be epic!

6. Edited 8 years ago by PillowTalk

@SpyderBlack723 Unfortunately in Arma you cannot make factions attack other factions of the same side. If you tried,it would turn into a free for all and they would all kill eachother regardless of faction :)

You can; but not with normal commands. You have to work around it by either:

1. Making one of the groups renegade.

2. Make one of the groups a different side.

It would be a whole lot nicer if the AI simply treated the "CIVILIAN" side as any other side (so we truly had 4 sides and not 3 and a half) if you made them an enemy to another side. Unfortunately, AI will not attack civilians even if they are enemies; but the civs have no trouble attacking other sides.

7. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@PillowTalk You can; but not with normal commands. You have to work around it by either:

1. Making one of the groups renegade.

2. Make one of the groups a different side.

It would be a whole lot nicer if the AI simply treated the "CIVILIAN" side as any other side (so we truly had 4 sides and not 3 and a half) if you made them an enemy to another side. Unfortunately, AI will not attack civilians even if they are enemies; but the civs have no trouble attacking other sides.

Yeah, but OPCOM won't recognize those types of sides. If you have two OPCOMs of side EAST, they will still treat eachother as friendly even if you set all of the units as side renegade.

or Sign Up to reply!