Mission won't start if logged as admin

1. 8 years ago

When I start a mission logged as Admin the mission won't start correctly. I have to alt+f4 and mission start.

BIS' Fault or Alive's Fault ?

2. Friznit

1 Apr 2016 Administrator

I had this last night on a dedicated box with the new version. Still trying to pin down the root cause. I suspect it's an issue with alive_data but not confirmed yet.

Are you using any of the following?

ACE
    ACRE or TFAR
    ALiVE sys_data_auto
    ALiVE data module (placed in editor)

3. If it helps you isolate the bug, I ran a mission early this morning on a dedicated server (TADST) while logged in as admin without issue.

Regarding the above prerequisites:
    No ACE was in the mission
    No TFAR or ACRE was in the mission
    Not sure what ALiVE sys_data_auto is (sorry)
    ALiVE Data module is placed in the editor

Battleye disabled.

4. ACE : Yes
    TFAR : Yes
    ALiVE ALiVE sys_data_auto : I don't know what is this
    ALiVE data module (placed in editor) : Yes

5. Friznit

1 Apr 2016 Administrator

OK. Please can you try removing the data module first, see if that makes the problem go away?

6. I'll give it a try tomorow, keep you updated

7. Edited 8 years ago by PabloElKillo

I'm having the same issue.

ACE - yes
    TFAR - yes
    ALiVE sys_data_auto - don't know sorry
    ALiVE data module (placed in editor) - yes

Removed Data module ... could start mission as admin
    Added Data module ... had to logout of admin to start the mission

8. @PabloElKillo - are you using persistence and have a War Room account? If not you can remove the ALiVE data module from your mission.

If you can.. upload your server's RPT file for us to look at (one where you try to start the mission logged in as admin and it fails).

9. @SavageCDN Yes, I'm using persistence and have a War Room account. I tried removing the ALiVE data module from the mission and that solved the problem (but stopped persistence working of course). I'll see if I can get one of my server admins to give me an RPT file.

10. In case it matters, I'm using this Insurgency set up: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Insurgency

11. Also, I'm a voted Admin, not a logged Admin ... again, not sure if that's relevant

12. highhead

12 Apr 2016 Administrator

interesting. do you know if regular admin works (it works for my test ofc).

13. Little update here. Actually, our missions are build without persistence and it seems to be working fine when log as Admin (not voted)

14. Edited 8 years ago by PabloElKillo

I did some more testing. It seems that logged admins can start persistent ALiVE missions but voted admins cannot.

15. Friznit

13 Apr 2016 Administrator

#BISthings

or Sign Up to reply!