[FIXED] How to speed up player combat logistics process (or is module bugged)?

1. 8 years ago

When ordering an AI squad with player combat logistics (using heli insertion) the duration to actually get them delivered seems to take ~9 minutes without exception.

I have a basic test mission on Stratis and the basic formula how the nine minutes are spend goes like this:

• the helicopter arrives to Jay Cove at around 4 minutes and stays there to hover for 1-3 minutes
    • then the helicopter proceeds to the requested insertion point where it lands
    • one soldier steps out of the helicopter
    • another wait begins (at this point the helicopter might take off to hover over the insertion point)
    • just to finally land at the 9 minute mark releasing the rest of the squad

Here's a 9 minute video for everyone to enjoy of this behaviour!

This run was particularly botched because at the very end we see the whole AI squad disappear altogether!
    Highlights from the video:

• at 3:03 the helicopter arrives to hover over Jay Cove
    • at 4:10 moves over insertion
    • at 4:36 lands and one soldier jumps out
    • at 6:02 takes off to hover over insertion
    • at 8:19 lands again, rest of the squad starts get out of the helicopter and then disappear

In my opinion 9 minutes is a bit too long to wait for a squad you've ordered especially if that time consists mostly of having to follow the transportation derping around.

This behaviour is not only with heli insertion, similar can be observed with convoy. I had made a comment about that on 02/27/2016 here: How to add AI to squad with group manager and combat logistics .

After recording that video I took another test where I chose LZ Connor (still on Stratis) as the insertion point. That test was a bit more succesful since I actually received my AI squad although it still took 9 minutes to deliver it. With this one the hover over Jay Cove was longer and other parts shorter (especially the hover part after taking off from the insertion and eventually landing for the second time).

Tested on dedicated server with with Arma3 1.56.134787, @CBA_A3 2.3.1.160220 and @ALiVE 1.0.2.1603251

2. Yeah, combat logistics has known to be a bit slow. Will require someone taking a deep look to see if it can be improved (which will hopefully happen once map indexing, persistence bugs slow down a bit).

3. highhead

3 Apr 2016 Administrator

agree, needs an analysis! thanks for the report.

4. This behavior looks like poor fps on server. Check your server FPS.

5. @DaVidoSS This behavior looks like poor fps on server. Check your server FPS.

Since it's a basic test mission I was testing this, well it's just that.

6. Tested again with Arma3 1.58.135656, @CBA_A3 2.3.1.160220 and @ALiVE 1.0.4.1604212

Something must've been fixed/altered with the latest version although I didn't see any mention in the changelog that this issue had been touched in any way.

But now with the ALiVE version 1.0.4.1604212 heli insertion as well as convoy proceed to unload passengers immediately after arriving to the insertion point.

I'd say this particular problem has been fixed in release 1.0.4.1604212.

7. Friznit

23 Apr 2016 Administrator

The reference to the optimisations in the notes included a lot of changes to functions used on all modules, including Logistics. Glad you've noticed an improvement!

8. More optimizations coming next update!

or Sign Up to reply!