TRACE not working on dedicated server? (SOLVED)

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

So after some mission adjustments I realized TRACE squares weren't working. I deleted the CQB module and made a new one and now they work perfectly again in SP.

But in TADST on a dedicated server they will not show up. Is this a known issue or am I missing some known conflict?

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Just tested a second mission of mine on a different map and the same thing (shows up in SP and not in MP on dedi).

3. How long were you waiting in MP? Rpt please

4. Some fixes for the TRACE system will be in the next release.. not sure if they are related.

5. I can get a rpt to you guys. Having catostrophic issues with my new PC so I'll see if I can duplicate it after reinstalling everything from scratch.

6. highhead

4 Apr 2016 Administrator

Very likely you just have a second CQB module that hasnt TRACE turned on. Ensure all CQB modules have trace turned on with the same marker type.

Also some important improvements to TRACE inbound:

• It is moved from CQB to C2ISTAR as its an INTEL category.
    • It will work for all sides and will only show the cleared grids for your specific side.
  7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yep! Added one for BLUFOR yesterday in all my missions!

But why does it work in SP even when one has the squares off?

I can't confirm this until later but yeah I added a second one so that would seem to be it then.

8. @highhead Very likely you just have a second CQB module that hasnt TRACE turned on. Ensure all CQB modules have trace turned on with the same marker type.

Also some important improvements to TRACE inbound:

• It is moved from CQB to C2ISTAR as its an INTEL category.
    • It will work for all sides and will only show the cleared grids for your specific side.

This was the solution. Thanks everyone.

or Sign Up to reply!