2 questions from things I'm seeing in my RPT

1. 7 years ago

Ok, so my latest mission..which uses ALiVE and CUP I'm seeing two particular items repeat forever in the RPT...

Group B Alpha 1-1 (0x5a66ea90) - network ID 2:2169
    - no leader
    - no leader
    - no leader

And....

WARNING: Function 'name' - 5a081700# 640628: cup_ger_rifleman_desert.p3d has no unit

• network id 0:0
    • person

WARNING: Function 'name' - 5a09eb90# 640631: cup_ger_rifleman_desert.p3d has no unit

• network id 0:0
    • person

I am by no means a coder, etc... But I'm guessing that the first has to do with CQB as it's pairs or individual soldiers?

And the second appears to be a CUP issue as the mission uses CUP SLA and CUP RACS..but it's talking about a german faction rifleman.

These two phrases are filling up the RPT like crazy. So my question is... is this a matter of CUP units not playing nice with CQB or ALiVE in general? Just curious.

2. Yeah it was a buzzkill to go down last night. Maybe you can run this by the CUP team too?

I'd definitely try going with solo CQB and see if the spam still exists but with the group being referred to as Group B Alpha 1-1...I wonder...

What group is that? Do you have any manually placed groups in the mission?

3. It's CQB. When I took the CQB modules out and restarted, that error went away.

The German rifleman error continued though.

4. Hey guys,

first when i wrote in your thread. Thanks for your great AudioPack AUTigerGrad.
    The classSFX sounds brings up a really good enviroment. For a few month i make something similiar but anyway, i kicked it away cause i never find so good audio samples like yours.
    I played a little bit withe the parameter for distance/wide/volume etc. but its only massive try and error there are no information about what paremeter does what exactly.
    Maybe you have a hint for a little background for a whole town and this should not get louder when you come near the middle of the trigger area.
    But anyway, not nice from me maybe to write this here in your other topic.
    Thanks again, nice little tool for massive immerse inpact from my view.

To your Topic.
    The second thing is ACE and its only a called function for there name system for units.
    Everytime when Units spawn in out die this comes up.
    This brings with Alive or any simliar spawn solution a massive RPT spam.
    You can rid of this RPT spam when you not place a ACE Module :)

This has no performance impact, but its an issue on BIS site, and ACE now bring a workaround/fix.
    Cause may BIS not do it. This issue brings up a few more problems with Zeus and Remote and when you give your Units own names like i do.

You can read about here.
    https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/3622

And here
    https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/3634

But dont confuse with my thinking/hint to resolve another issue on my site after the last massive updates on my server, so my intention in the first link is not right. Cause a function for a "name" is not a server crasher....

Your first issue post.
    I hav similiar with a CQB module with a CQB error message in RPT. In my case i think this was an issue for house objectives on my current Mission on N'Ziwasogo Island and indexing.
    May i should post here, i have it at the moment also solved to turn off the CQB module.

5. Timeless, so you think the CQB error is map related and not faction releated then? Which mod author would be most likely to clean that up? The map maker or the unit maker (in this case it's the same team essentially seeing as Sahrani is being looked after by the CUP devs).

Regarding the ACE error, thanks for catching it. I think what's happening is out of memory crashes due to the spam. Hopefully the workaround or fix is suitable. And thanks for the detailed reply.

6. @HeroesandvillainsOS, yes and no.
    I try my best to explain my experience in english, please correct me cause I not a developer.

The CQB error that I mean bring the first from AUTigerGrads post most at the same time.
    When you have setup "Pair" and the Unit/Faction mod author has a Sentry group (2) or something defined in the normal BIS way then this should be ok.
    On some custom maps there come another problem with "building positions" this can be an indexed map but not every house have such postions, but you can go into this houses as a player but not an AI - pathfinding engine things for AI.
    When this house dont have this postions I make the experience that Alive looking forward for further houses and so on.

On N'Ziwasogo Island, at the North-West and South-West there are an massive town. Civ Placements are really enough. But in the deep forests are more smaller towns or nothing.
    So I tried a CQB layer on this Island from Noth-East to South/Mid-East.
    In a few houses sometimes they spawn, and most not and a CQB error pops up in the RPT but only sometimes and I know when are "on tour" with my AI groups then we cannot (somebuildings) commanding to go to "building position x" or something.

When I do not such a CQB marker/layer then Alive can find enough.
    When I place manually and sync it to AI command there are never in buildings but it is a little bit more "trouble" in the deep forests.

So maybe (for my experience) the answer for your questions is. This houses need building positions OR and may a way more better, AI engine pathfinding dont need such positions, but this is only a dream ;)

7. @Timeless @HeroesandvillainsOS, yes and no.
    I try my best to explain my experience in english, please correct me cause I not a developer.

The CQB error that I mean bring the first from AUTigerGrads post most at the same time.
    When you have setup "Pair" and the Unit/Faction mod author has a Sentry group (2) or something defined in the normal BIS way then this should be ok.
    On some custom maps there come another problem with "building positions" this can be an indexed map but not every house have such postions, but you can go into this houses as a player but not an AI - pathfinding engine things for AI.
    When this house dont have this postions I make the experience that Alive looking forward for further houses and so on.

On N'Ziwasogo Island, at the North-West and South-West there are an massive town. Civ Placements are really enough. But in the deep forests are more smaller towns or nothing.
    So I tried a CQB layer on this Island from Noth-East to South/Mid-East.
    In a few houses sometimes they spawn, and most not and a CQB error pops up in the RPT but only sometimes and I know when are "on tour" with my AI groups then we cannot (somebuildings) commanding to go to "building position x" or something.

When I do not such a CQB marker/layer then Alive can find enough.
    When I place manually and sync it to AI command there are never in buildings but it is a little bit more "trouble" in the deep forests.

So maybe (for my experience) the answer for your questions is. This houses need building positions OR and may a way more better, AI engine pathfinding dont need such positions, but this is only a dream ;)

Timeless, seeing as you seem to know a lot about these rpt errors and this one appears to be solved, would you mind taking a look at one I'm dealing with? It's causing horrible out of memory crashes because it just dumps this same error (minus the location) over and over and over.

"13:15:05 WARNING: SuppressCache::Trace called with huge input. Function exited to prevent program stall inside. tBeg[165.000000,0.964884,0.000000]; tEnd[-0.262677,17799.156250,166.386459]; ammoHit(0.000000); distance(166.386459)
    13:15:05 In last 500 miliseconds was lost another 2 these messages."

The odd thing is, I have two identical missions with just the map changed and I don't think this happens on them. But on Takistan with AiA, this one kills it. I've resolved myself to run -nologs until I can sort it out. Are you familiar with this error at all?

8. @HeroesandvillainsOS 

Yes maybe. But the same like before, Iam not a developer more the server guy, any corrections are welcome.

ArmaEngine tells you that he must/should calculate an ammoHit-Shoot or explosion fragment and this calculation is so massive that he abort this calculation otherwise the engine stops/stall/-"explode" :)
    The Engine want that you buy access to a whole NASE technical environment for this calculation .

So Vanilla Arma does not calculate fromself such things.
    I think may it is RHS ammo and there advanced firesystem
    Or
    ACE Advanced Ballistics.
    Or
    another Mod in this way or an special ammo modification

But personally I think it is ACE Advanced Ballistic. Only a guess.
    When you use this, try following. Go in the editor with your mission. Delete advanced Ballistic, maybe he delete it not correctly in the mission.sqm better check it and do it manually.
    The same mission without advanced ballistic need now a bigger firefight. Push up the time in Editor with and let the Alive mission explode :)

Is the error gone? And it is really ACE than check your RPT before, cause this error can come up when Arma Or ACE Or something init this module/or framework twice.
    Is this the case then this cause the Issue and much more performance issues in the background.

When you use it. What are your configs for ballistic, specially the range for calculation?
    And what is your Serverview?
    And what is additional the range "cache" from the Alive Virtual AI system?

9. @Timeless @HeroesandvillainsOS 

Yes maybe. But the same like before, Iam not a developer more the server guy, any corrections are welcome.

ArmaEngine tells you that he must/should calculate an ammoHit-Shoot or explosion fragment and this calculation is so massive that he abort this calculation otherwise the engine stops/stall/-"explode" :)
    The Engine want that you buy access to a whole NASE technical environment for this calculation .

So Vanilla Arma does not calculate fromself such things.
    I think may it is RHS ammo and there advanced firesystem
    Or
    ACE Advanced Ballistics.
    Or
    another Mod in this way or an special ammo modification

But personally I think it is ACE Advanced Ballistic. Only a guess.
    When you use this, try following. Go in the editor with your mission. Delete advanced Ballistic, maybe he delete it not correctly in the mission.sqm better check it and do it manually.
    The same mission without advanced ballistic need now a bigger firefight. Push up the time in Editor with and let the Alive mission explode :)

Is the error gone? And it is really ACE than check your RPT before, cause this error can come up when Arma Or ACE Or something init this module/or framework twice.
    Is this the case then this cause the Issue and much more performance issues in the background.

When you use it. What are your configs for ballistic, specially the range for calculation?
    And what is your Serverview?
    And what is additional the range "cache" from the Alive Virtual AI system?

Thanks Timeless. But I don't use ACE or RHS or anything I can think of that might be modifying my weapons, aside from 3CB possibly. I use 3CB for BLUFOR and CAF Aggressors for OPFOR in all my missions (the mods in all missions are identical) but I only see this on Takistan (so far).

10. This is my mods list if you think one could be causing it:

CBA
    ALiVE,
    Spyder Addons,
    ARP2 Objects,
    JBAD Buildings,
    CAF Aggressors
    CAF Aggressors Audio Patch,
    3CB BAF Weapons,
    3CB BAF Vehicles,
    3CB BAF Equipment,
    3CB BAF Units,
    Burnes Foxhound,
    AiA
    @aliveserver (server only)

Clientside:
    Shacktack UI,
    Full Screen Night Vision by LSD
    Pooter's ASR AI

11. Hm so I wont point in a wrong direction.
    The error itself Iam sure, are a huge calculation for distances. And the error say its too much - and break this calculation. This error Iam sure not come ones. And in this case at a point its enough for arma and its crashed.
    I know this error too in older Missions and you can read in BI and other forums a little bit about it.

AiA.
    Here I really dont know. But I guess this cannot be the problem, I mean the map itself.
    But maybe someone here correct this.
    On the other hand, only a hint but sooner or later everyone must change to CUP.
    Latest after the Apex release and such more Objects for Maps and so on.
    They have Trees and Bushes and much stuff from A1 and A2 for the Editor, its alle more future Arma relevant and really good job what the guys does.
    So maybe, but i didnt think it really, a mappack change brings a solution.

What you can try?
    Its work, like always :)
    Make a new Mission on Takistan with AiA. Name it and save it. Load your older Mission, zoom out, mark all Modules objects and so on, and strg+c to clipboard. Now load your new clean mission with nothing in.
    Now paste (strg+v) all in the clean new Mission BUT dont save now.

(When you have Objects placed like a FOB then all this is propably not at the same place. You can solve this when you mark all things and then zoom in and then look for a number or a point at the map where you can point your cursor and now you copied it. Same way when you paste it, you need zoom in at this own point and direct your cursor above and paste it.)

The point is you dont preview or save it in the new copied mission. Now you delete all this things they are not so relevant for this test. So that you have a "cleaner" new one. And then you hit the first time in the copied new mission the save button. Arma Iam experienced, delete - saved not everytime correctly changes in a mission.sqm. In all time in editor I remember that a new mission.sqm solved obvious errors, sometimes.
    Maybe its better in 3den, but this is the next thing. Try this all in 2D with AiA, only a hint to avoid more obvious problems to beginn.

The longer version from this is.....load only one mod after another to your new mission and build it complete new again....
    I really cannot explain why it should be the Map itself.
    And I see nothing in your modset that explain for me the error. But i dont know all from this list.

I know this error from older missions as example with advanced ballistic. And in this case was the module initialized twice everytime the mission starts. But no second module and nothing, solved only with a new mission.sqm. RHS brings this error sometimes too but with a ammo error in ACE combination.

It is dedicated server?
    ASR AI should be on both sides, specially on server when Alive spawns in with -filepatching startup and userconfig loaded (see RPT).
    When you have AI in your group this can be obvious issues and performance impact for the AI scripts and server communication, then when AI are in your group they transfer to your client and your client now do the calculations and send it to the dedicated client/server.

Is Pooters addition good? i love to play with AI and such mods like ASR and so on.

12. What's unfortunate is how cumbersome and how it's such a lengthy process to copy/paste a mission onto a map. Even if it's the same mission on the same map because of height and pasting accuracy issues. If base building was easier I would just start over cleanly like you suggested. Module placing is fast. But the fine details of manually placed objects would take me what I feel like would be a lifetime. :) I see what you're saying though. Starting clean in some form would definitely help narrow it down.

Yes this is on a dedicated server using the TADST tool. I have Pooter's Enhanced ASR AI on both my client and my server. From what I gather it does not require -filePatching because I do not use any of the Userconfig adjustments. I play with the default values. Regarding the quality of the mod I find it outstanding and better than the original (though keep in mind Robalo has updated his recently and I haven't tried it).

I like your theory of a module being placed twice too. A month or so ago I caught a similar thing in a different mission of mine. I decided to delete a module for some reason and after deleting it, another was still there! I had it placed twice. I will definitely look to make sure something like that isn't happening now. Though that said, I couldn't even imaine what it could be because I don't use anything that adjust ballistics unless somehow, 3CB is causing a problem but I highly doubt this is the case because it's the only faction I've used for forever.

You are correct. The error presents itself I'd guess about a thousand times over a matter of several minutes and causes me to run out of memory and crash.

I'll look over my modules and make sure I have no duplicates or try a clean mission if I absolutely have to. Clearly something is "firing" some kind of weapon and causing problems if I had to guess. I wonder if it's as simple as a bad CAS module or some weapon I may have placed at one of my bases. The last crash happened right near one where I believe I placed a turret so I'll try deleting that too.

13. Ok, got a new one....

Error in expression <et;

_profileIDs = [];
    {
    _profileIDs = _profileIDs + ([ALIVE_profileHandler, "g>
    Error position: <_profileIDs + ([ALIVE_profileHandler, "g>
    Error Undefined variable in expression: _profileids
    File x\alive\addons\mil_opcom\fnc_OPCOM.sqf, line 454
    Error in expression <"_pos"];

_profiles = [];
    {
    _profiles = _profiles + ([ALiVE_ProfileHandler,"getP>
    Error position: <_profiles + ([ALiVE_ProfileHandler,"getP>
    Error Undefined variable in expression: _profiles
    Error in expression <,_pos] call ALiVE_fnc_OPCOM};
    } foreach _profiles;
    };
    };
    };>
    Error position: <_profiles;
    };
    };
    };>
    Error Undefined variable in expression: _profiles
    Error in expression <ime;

_profileIDs = [];
    {
    _profileIDs = _profileIDs + ([ALIVE_profileHandler, "g>
    Error position: <_profileIDs + ([ALIVE_profileHandler, "g>
    Error Undefined variable in expression: _profileids
    File x\alive\addons\mil_opcom\fnc_OPCOM.sqf, line 2254

Any ideas on this one?

14. Hard to say AUT - is this reproducible? What are the circumstances when you get this error? If you can post the entire RPT.

15. Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fux0lrps1fp8b8b/arma3server_2016-04-09_11-25-44%20%281%29.rpt?dl=0

These RPTs are really looking ugly post Eden. Lots of Spam of various types.

or Sign Up to reply!