Possible Alive Crashing and IED Question (solved)

1. 8 years ago

First post on here so i'll try post all the relevant information, and I've also searched around as much as possible before making this post so sorry if it has already came up!

I've been making Alive Missions using the Asymmetric System which is just awesomely fun to use - we experienced the Alive Crashing and sat through it and were able to have the same mission up for about 2 weeks straight with no issues. But Yesterday the server has just completely kept crashing with "Access_Violation", I've never had luck with the CQB Module as it started crashing our mission after the 1.54 update - we added it in recently and it worked but it started crashing yesterday, after removing the module the server crashes when Alive starts to spawn contacts within the towns. When the CQB did work however, the Faction was FIA when we are using CAF Middle Eastern.

Our Spawn radius is: 1800
    and the groups are set to: 25
    The CQB Radius is 1800
    Civilians Radius is 1800

Here is all the Crash files: Click Here

The other question is how to correctly set up Vehicle Borne IED's i've got Custom IEDS down using the Parameters inside the IED Module, they work - but I've never came across or heard of a Vehicle Borne IED within the mission - I've seen Suicide bombers more and I find them quite hard to come across too.

Thanks for Reading - I hope the files i linked are correct.

2. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Sorry about the crashing. Hopefully a dev can help you on that end. Our group was having CQB crashing issues too but I think that had to do with faction shooting an error (CUP units).

I'm not exactly sure what VBIED vehicles are called when debug is turned on in the mission, but suicide bombers are very clearly labeled when you debug the insurgent Military AI commander module.

From what I understand, suicide bombers and VBIED's can take a while to occur after the mission starts. I think it's a tactic they begin employing after time. A dev would also have to confirm. I know they work though. Just the other day I was teleporting around the map and a truck pulled up beside me.

BOOM! I literally jumped. :)

3. Awesome! good to know i'm not the only person having the issue then with the CQB - but yeah it could be something over time would be understandable!

I'll wait for a dev thanks for the fast reply!

4. highhead

13 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by highhead

The crash you are expierencing is happening due to a corrupt clutter model that MIL IED module is/was trying to spawn (14:47:22 "ALIVE-799.11 IED: creating 5 IEDs at Dilshad (09031047) - size 250"
    14:47:22 Cannot create non-ai vehicle Land_trash).

The issue with 1.54 crashes is fixed long since, was again unrelated to this one and I was able to replicate this specific case weeks ago and fixed that already (versions higher than build 160316 - so please just ensure you got a correct version).

It is totally unrelated to CQB. You can all use it just fine!

PS: You will also get a newer version in download section very very soon.

5. I'm getting Out of Memory crashes pretty regularly again on my dedi. Typically crashes within 60-80 min of restart. Put together a Vanilla + ACE + ALIVE on Altis last night and had to take Civ and CQB module off because it was going to Out of Memory crash before I even spawned in. Only ran CBA, ALIVE, ACE, and Spyder Addons.

I don't know if it's ALiVE, ACE, a combination, BI spam...it's pretty frustrating. My RPTs are getting to 20mb in 30min to an hour due to all of the spam.

Hopefully this next BI update, plus ALiVE patch will fix the issue for me.

6. Tupolov

Turn off your logs?

7. highhead

Edited 8 years ago by highhead

Please refer to your former thread about your out of mem crashes.

This thread is solved: The OP didnt use the correct version.
    Vehicle Bourne IEDs work just fine from my test (Stratis Vanilla debug on).

or Sign Up to reply!