Todays update

1. 7 years ago

Was something in ALiVE broken with todays update? A mission that worked perfectly yesterday has no alive units on it whatsoever today, and there is nothing in the RPT that what hint there is any error at all.

2. Missions should continue to work as expected. Try replacing your modules.

3. yeah everything still works in a new mission, so i guess ill have to replace 53 custom objectives :(

thanks spyder

4. highhead

22 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by highhead

actually you shouldnt need to at all!
    Does this happen in SP or only dedi?

PS: just opening and closing them one by one should also do it if new options were added you dont need to replace them fully.

5. @highhead actually you shouldnt need to at all!
    Does this happen in SP or only dedi?

PS: just opening and closing them one by one should also do it if new options were added you dont need to replace them fully.

^^^Thanks for this tip.

6. wow, sorry I'm late in responding but I was begrudging the work to fix it. Thanks a ton for that info and all the current and future work you will save me. Let me test the SP environment first to answer your question and I'll report back in a little while with the findings.

7. I just started getting this error out of the blue.

There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["rhs_faction_usarmy_wd"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

8. Make sure your placement modules synced to the rhs_faction_usarmy_wd commander are spawning units

9. OK, so the issue DID NOT present when testing in Eden editor on both SP and MP environments, however it was not functioning correctly on a dedicated server, even after I had activated all modules to hopefully correct any issues.

The actual cause of the problem seemed to be using the server parameter -autoInit. Once I removed that functionality returned to normal. Something about mission initialization has changed in this last Arma update because I had issues that were related to read time of cfgParamsArray in another mod my mission uses that fixed themselves after this update, but whatever that was broke ALiVE's ability to function properly using -autoInit.

Again there are no errors in client or server log to suggest what may be wrong so I'm sorry I can't give any more specific information that may help you.

10. Friznit

23 Apr 2016 Administrator

The last couple of updates have been causing issues with init order. We've noticed that if you cut & paste modules from another mission the init order goes very screwy. BIS only knows why!

or Sign Up to reply!