Headless Client - causes skip trigger waypoint?

1. 7 years ago

Having a problem when I activate A.I. distribution to Headless Client that editor placed a.i. ignore triggers on their waypoints.

Example: I have enemy A.I. set as a Quick Reaction Force. They hold at a waypoint until BLUFOR enters a trigger area, then they begin their movement to the next waypoint. This works perfectly fine UNTIL I activate the A.I. distribution to Headless Client in the "ALiVE (Required)" module. Any ideas on how to fix this, work around it, or keep specific editor placed units to not be distributed to the HC?

Thanks

2. Might be BIS side HC bug so I'm not sure if it can be fixed by ALiVE.

If you want to keep the units local to the server you can put this code in their init box.

this setVariable ["ALiVE_CombatSupport", true];
  3. Thanks!

4. highhead

22 Apr 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by highhead

I am going to update ALiVE to only switch ALiVE-units to HC (not editor placed ones) in one of the next updates. In the meanwhile this workaround should work!

PS: The issue probalby is, that if a trigger is only placed on server (and not globally on all clients and server) and the AI is on a HCs locality, then the trigger doesnt fire. In the opposite you should avoid placing triggers on clients at all since on disconnect, they will be moved to server and pile up to a huge mess.

or Sign Up to reply!