Persistence Profiles Not Saving.. Everything Else Is.

1. 8 years ago

It would appear that during saving, the profiling system is no longer working and simply outputs SYS_DATA_ERROR. All other items work fine. CQB saves, Markers save, etc. I've seen this error before some weeks ago, but deleting all modules and replacing them seemed to fix it. This time, that does not seem to be working.

Any help is much appreciated!

Logs attached below.

Logs: https://mega.nz/#!85Mk2bYQ!MPbesV-WQkrcvzCIYEwMvgD2vyTcaCllzfeDyWaFmb8

2. Tupolov

25 Apr 2016 Administrator

Hey Vegas,

Thanks for the logs.

Wow, this looks like a huge mission :)

I see 2 issues that could be bugs.

1. Our plugin fails when trying to save your profiles. This could be due to a JSON formatting issue related to chars used or just poor handling on our part. You have around 400 profiles, which shouldn't be too much as we using 440+ without issue.

2. In addition there appears to be a bug with saving indexes for lots or profiles.

I'm investigating both issue.

Thanks again for posting.

3. Tupolov

25 Apr 2016 Administrator

Ok,

So it looks like it is loading and saving profiles, but not all of them. Just trying to nail down the issue now.

What I would say though, is avoid all special chars in your mission names including .

4. Edited 8 years ago by Vegas

As far as I know, we do not have any special characters or characters/playable units with unique names. What is also strange, is that this is the exact same mission .pbo that we were using before 1.58 without issue. Of course after the latest ALiVE update I replaced all the modules, but other than that it is unchanged.

I will scrub through our mission and framework again tonight and double check that I am not missing anything. Appreciate the response.

5. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Vegas, he's talking about the mission name as well.

My.Mission.Altis = bad
    MyMission.Altis = good

Underscores are probably ok too. Just avoid any other characters.

6. Mission name also does not contain any special characters. It would not make sense to include periods in the filename that could cause issues, and like I said, it was working fine before 1.58 hit and we have made no alterations. Good suggestion though. Very confusing problem. =\

7. Tupolov

26 Apr 2016 Administrator

Looking at the problem at the moment. Like I said it looks like there is a bug with saving large number of profiles > 400. Your mission before probably started with fewer profiles.

Avoid have . etc in the mission name reduces the possibility of issues too.

8. So, if you have any idea how to correct this, I am all ears! We don't want to lose our campaign progress, as we have been working on it for a few weeks now.

Appreciate the response.

or Sign Up to reply!