AI Use Of Helicopters

1. 8 years ago

So this may just be the AI limitations. I place helicopters in the editor for OPCOM to use, however in mission nothing ever happens, they just sit and wait. Planes move and loiter over the airfield, but nothing for helicopters. Am I doing something stupid or is this normal?

2. Have you synced the manually placed helicopters to the Virtual AI System module with the correct settings?

Also worth noting that air vehicles are prioritized to attack vehicles, so unless their is an enemy vehicle endangering friendly troops, it might not take off frequently.

3. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

To add to what Spyder said, also make sure your AI Commander has the vehicle faction set in the force faction line. So for instance, this would be done in a situation where you placed a helicopter down from a faction different than the one you're using or when the faction name for the vehicle itself is different than the other units. Example, 3CB Units use a different faction name for their vehicles so I need to have the infantry faction name and the vehicle faction name in the AI Commander module. This is unusual but it's worth pointing out.

If I don't do this, they act exactly as you described.

or Sign Up to reply!