T.R.A.C.E Blacklists?

1. 7 years ago

Is there a way to blacklist where T.R.A.C.E will put grids? There are grids on my base where there are no possible enemy units spawning.

2. Friznit

17 May 2016 Administrator

No. TRACE is a fairly simple implementation mostly designed for use in Hazey's Insurgency mission.

3. highhead

19 May 2016 Administrator

its primery an INTEL option to show cleared areas with houses, while it originates from the original Insurgency mission, you can ofc. use it in any mission. Do you really need a blacklist or is it hurting your eyes only?

4. It's pretty misleading then, if you go by T.R.A.C.E you're getting bad INTEL, there are no troops spawning inside of the base, or in many other parts of the map, sure they could be moving through or capture it, but why not mark the whole map at that point?

5. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

T.R.A.C.E. simply marks locations where enemies could exist/occupy, ie. buildings. It's supposed to act as a guide for areas to patrol instead of tracking enemy movement. If you wish to steer players away from patrolling a certain area and mistaking the T.R.A.C.E. grids as enemy locations, a friendly-appearing marker such as a blue circle would do the trick.

6. ^^^This is exactly what I do in all of my missions. I use TRACE in all of them and it's pretty obvious for players not to patrol the places with the enormous base and British/USA/BLUFOR related flags on them.

I understand the sentiment but with markers (and even the up-coming like drawing tool) this is easy to workaround.

7. Haha. The first thing I hear in tonight's session... "Hey, what's up with that square at base?"

It would be appreciated if it just hid those tiles inside the CQB blacklist zones, but no biggie.

8. Like I said I get it. I'd enjoy the option too but I wouldn't say resources should be diverted for it.

That said, now that ALiVE is open source, if you or your buddies have the knowledge you could try adding a blacklist and sharing it back here.

or Sign Up to reply!