Server Save [SOLVED]

1. 7 years ago

Server Save and Exit (admin only) is not working for me. At least no message shows up when I press the button (i'm logged in as admin). Is this how it is supposed to work? The only one that ever displays a message is the player exit option which always gives me a vanilla mission end message ...

2. Please post your Rpt and server logs

3. Please Spyder.. how do I get those?

4. Can it be the fact that the server mission is too overloaded with stuff.? I just tested with a very simple one I did and it saved fine... the one i have right now gives me a msg when tested offline and the debug features on saying i have too many objectives for 2 of the 3 opcoms in the map... something over 100 :/

5. No. That's not the issue. I get that message all the time and save fine.

Your logs are located in username/appdata/local/arma 3

Your server rpt would be in the folder wherever your server folder is stored. I used TADST which locally puts them in my Arma 3 root underneath a folder called TASDT. Yours will likely be in a different area if you use a different kind of server. They need to see the rpt and logs from a session where you attempted to server save and exit.

6. Ok thats Hero... im away from the pc right now so wint be able to send these for a little while. Question: when i tried the simple version, as soon as pressed server save and exit button, it opened a combat tablet scree saving the server... do u think if i wait on the other mission after i press the button the server will save?

7. I can't really say. I doubt it though. So you have tried another mission that seems to be saving correctly then? What's the "simple version" you're referring to? A sample mission from the forums here?

8. The simple version is one i created with no mods but with the same alive modules setup as the "heavy" one that contains RHS units and ACe

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok. If I were you I'd remove ACE then try it. Then remove RHS, then try it. Probably a conflcit introduced recently. Whatever you find, post it back here because both of them are really popular amongst the ALiVE community.

It also may be worth trying your same heavy version on a fresh map. There's some really strange things going on in the game right now I'm finding.

10. Humm... good suggestion Hero. The "author" msg pops up for me when I save the mission .... Maybe that is not so harmless after all?

11. It is not harmless at all. It breaks ALiVE in special ways. :)

My best guess is ACE (along with the current ALiVE release) has this error too so we just have to be patient for the mod authors to push out updates. CBA updated yesterday so grab that if you haven't.

Here's an exparimental ALiVE download with this error eliminated if you want to try it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/w43u8v3dy7z8864/ALiVE_testVersion.zip?dl=0

12. I updated the CBA in the server and tried again and It saved ... even with the authors msg. The "heavy" mission with all its dependencies including RHS and ACE. I'll test it some more

13. Well that's good news. :)

14. Confirmed Heroes ... The server is indeed saving correctly.

Thxs for the help friend!

Cheers

or Sign Up to reply!