Another quick mission clarification req..

1. 7 years ago

Hello everyone. These weeks I was back to arma3 after a long pause, and started using alive mod to build my missions.
    I must say that after some difficulties, I got the hang of it and really enjoying it, even if I'm basically only experimenting various situations in the editor. The rhs mods just add to the greatness.

Yesterday, I was trying to put up a simple mission (Platoon level, 60) where a single town, held by US forces is being attacked by the Russian army.
    I used Chernarus map from CUP. I must say though that I'm not exactly achieving the intended effect for some reasons.

First of all, I'd like the Russians to start out in a small assembly area some clicks away from the town; this area though, does not comprise any military or civilian objective - it's just a square placed over some road. I don't understand how I can make the AI system place units in a TAOR if it does not have neither civilians or mil objective in it. Custom objectives module does not have the option to "place units".

So I reckoned I should had placed the squads manually. At that point though, I was not able to make the OPCOM to relinquish control over the squads I placed, so to send them to the US occupied town. Is this even possible?

Any advice would be really appreciated.
    Thx

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You could place units manually, that would definitely work (you'd want to virtualized them so depending on your Virtual AI module settings, you may need to sync the units to it).

However, you can also place units with a custom objective module too. In the custom objective module you'll see a line for infantry/motorized/mechanized (etc). Type the number of each unit you want to spawn and make sure zero is in the overrides of the ones you don't want.

Depending on what you want to do, I'd probably manually place the Russian units where you want them (again make sure they're virtualized so OPCOM can give them objectives). Then for the Russian OPCOM (Military Commander), I'd place several more custom objective modules over the US base spawning no units (zero in the overrides) setting the priority and size in the cust obj module's overrides to big numbers (999). This will make the Russian OPCOM make the custom obj over the US base a really important priority.

You may need to play with the numbers a bit in the size and priority filters and also tinker amount of cust obj modules over the US base, but this should all get the Russians to bring it and start where you want them to.

3. If all they are doing is doing a straight path to the objective you could just manually place the groups, sync the leaders to the virtual ai module, then give each group their waypoints. The waypoints will be converted to virtual waypoints when the game starts.

or Sign Up to reply!