Tanoa Insurgency Test

1. 7 years ago

Threw together a quick Insurgency on Tanoa. Thought I would share for any of those that need a starting point. VCOM AI script is included and working.

Requires ALiVE (of course), ACE3, CBA.

Made 7/14/2016 with the newest release of ALiVE. Certain things did not function as expected so they were disabled temporarily.

Mission files and compiled pbo both available on Github

Note: This mission is fully functional except for what was stated above. Feel free to alter it, as you wish.

2. I'm relatively new here. Is there a secret handshake or something I should know to get a link to Github? Sounds like a great setup, and I am anxious to give it a try. Thanks!

3. I don't think so, Falcon. I just followed the link on my phone and it opens.

I do have an account on Github though. Maybe register and try the link again?

4. Ah yes, got it to work. Thanks!

5. Nice! Just tested this on a dedicated server and the civilians don't load... I've created a separate thread about that but I was just wondering if you had the same issue?

6. Edited 7 years ago by Riley

Have not tried it on a dedicated yet. I will look into it and see what I can find.

Edit: You are correct, they are not spawning when on a dedicated server. I have triple checked my settings and all seems to be well. Could even be a compatibility with the new version of ACE3, who knows. When I get time I will remake it without ACE3. The ALiVE Devs are top notch. They will figure it out soon.

Edit 2: Seems they are spawning (according to the debug) however I cannot physically find any of them. Either they show as being in unenterable buildings or just plain not where the debug shows them to be.

7. Oh really? I can't see any spawning anywhere. I tried this with no ACE and still didn't work. Bizarre.

8. I've had the same issue with civs on dedicated server, must be an alive bug

9. If anyone is speaking about anything other than Tanoa please make that clear.

10. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  11. Deleted 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS
  12. Sorry, I totally forgot this was related to being on a dedicated server and not about spawning civs in general. Deleted and disregard.

13. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Oh bummer. Syndikat doesn't have any motorized groups. Just infantry. I'm really not a fan of insurgencies starting with just foot soldiers only.

Is that the faction you guys were using?

Maybe someday someone will write a config patch so eventually we can get some motorized units in there. I really like the faction otherwise. BIS did a good job.

14. I usually just throw in a smaller third faction like OPF_T_F and make them friendly to the Independents.
    Fills the gaps and creates a new threat to fight against.

15. If you're using Spyder's ambience you can also set enemy vehicles as Jeeps and put Syndikat units in them? Riley's solution is a good one too. You can set placement modules to only spawn motorised and then use staticdata.sqf to define only the non-Ifrit groups. If you go that route, i did a similar one recently so let me know.

16. Well I'll give you an example. I made a mission on Diyala that I decided to let spawn 3 OPFOR factions lol. The reason?

Massi's Takistani Insurgents (with Davidoss's patch) spawn just infantry and motorized. I wanted some Mechanized units too (considering its Iraq) so I used Massi's CSAT redressed guys (which have all groups defined) and let them spawn Mehanized only. And then for the hell of it, threw in some of his Middle Eastern Insurgents (infantry only) into the mix too just to give the units more dress diversity. All are classified OPFOR.

I have one OPCOM set to three factions.

Was that not a good way to do it? I didn't need a StaticData file to get this to (seemingly) work. Should I have done it differently?

17. Sounds good to me

or Sign Up to reply!