HEMTT's for repair/refuel/medical

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Just curious. I'm sort of in the fine tuning aspect of a lot of my missions and I was thinking about HEMMT functionality when it comes to being profiled and OPCOM.

If I profile these medical/rearm/refuel vehicles and give them drivers, will OPCOM just treat them as attack vehicles or is the commander programmed to either ignore send them on obj's or maybe use them for tactical support?

I was kind of just envisioning having some manned and ready to go at my main base, and then calling them to my position if I needed a quick healing (etc).

If OPCOM isn't really aware of these vehicle types and they won't be useful in an ALiVE setting, can I leave them manned but unprofiled and maybe use vanilla High Command to call them to a location? I can't say I've ever even used vanilla HC so I actually don't know how to do that or if it evens works with ALiVE lol.

2. Can't directly answer your question but it sounds like there are two options that would work quite well. One is using High Command to control the HEMTT drivers and not virtualising them at all (it's a little bit buggy but works pretty well).

The second is to have the HEMTT trucks as factions on the same side, but not the same faction, as the OPCOM. This way, you can control them but OPCOM won't. So, say OPCOM is BLU_F, then select the HEMTTs from BLU_T_F (if they have them!). Then regardless of what OPCOM wants to do, you'll have those at your disposal.

Sure others will have better suggestions though!

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Good idea! Hey, quick question to save me from Googling. How do you use vanilla High Command? I don't need an elaborate tutorial, just maybe a basic 'what button to press' and how to send my units would be perfect.

I already have then set with drivers in my missions (unprofiled) so doing it this way would save me some work.

4. Sync a "High Command - Commander" module to the playable unit, then sync that to a "High Command - Subordinate" module, and finally sync that to the units you want to command. I'm not sure you can have multiple commanders with one Commander module but you can have multiple subordinates I think.

Another option is Advanced AI Command by Duda on the BI Forums which is awesome but a bit challenging to get to work on a dedicated server. I'll do a tutorial once I've got that working reliably.

5. I'm a little confused on your directions. I'll repeat them back to you.

High Command - Commander module synced to a playable unit.

High Command - Subordinate module synced to the HEMMT's and the playable unit?

Hopefully it plays nice on a dedicated server and with ALiVE. :)

6. Friznit

22 Jul 2016 Administrator

It does. I use it a lot for medic wagons and such.

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Good to know! I'll profile them and see how it goes. Thanks!

8. It's player -> commander module -> subordinate module -> HEMTT & all other units you want to command. Make sense?

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@incontinenetia It's player -> commander module -> subordinate module -> HEMTT & all other units you want to command. Make sense?

This is the method I'm finding works best for me. Thanks man.

I tried virtualizing the HEMMT's but OPCOM unfortunately sends them out on assignment. I decided to tag along so I could see where they were going by hopping into the back of one of the medical trucks. It lasted about 10 minutes before the drivers got shot because they drove directly into a gunfight lol. So I guess I can't say exactly what it is they were being told by OPCOM to go do.

or Sign Up to reply!