Specify Heli to transport troops for Logistics Reinforcement

1. 7 years ago

Can I specify the Heli I want to reinforce troops with rather than just faction specific logistic transport?

The faction option is not working for African Massi and I find there are a load of vanilla / apex Heli's loading in.

Thanks

2. Hi Ludi,

I've noticed similiar... I get swarms of CSAT helicopters from the Military Logistics module - even when I try to disable helicopter use completely... I think someone mentioned that the Military Logistics module has to use helicopters - and that there is a known bug with the "Faction/Side" switch... The only way found around it was to remove the Military Logistics completely and just up m initial force size... I don't think we could ever specify a model of helicopter...

Regards,
    Scott

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Actually I'm pretty sure you can specify via a StaticData.sqf file. I use one which AuTigerGrad gave me permission to use in my 3CB missions.

I'm trying to find an example on the wiki but I'm not seeing it. Scott, feel free to unpack my mission files (pretty sure you downloaded them) and take a look at what it does. It's written very clearly above the code line the function the code serves and it gets initialized from the Init.sqf file.

The very bottom will have an entry for Davidoss's mas_compatibilities so make sure not to get confused on what that section is.

Maybe Spyder will pop in an give you guys an example. Again, I'm fairly certain you can change the logistics choppers with this method but it's been awhile since I opened the file so take that with a grain of salt.

EDIT: On second thought, unless you want choppers for a side that doesn't have them grouped organically (3CB for example) this may be a waste of time. After the next ALiVE update, setting logistics to side/faction and side only will work and then it should only use the correct chopper/vehicles for the side you want if you set it up that way.

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I deleted my example so if you can find your existing one that would be awesome, otherwise tag me.

This is possible with staticdata

5. Yeah sure no problem. I can post it back here. I'll hop on with it later.

6. Thank you

7. Oh shoot I forgot :(

8. If anyone's in a hurry to get their Arma on and REALLY wants to look at an example of the code, just unpack one of these and look for the StaticData.sqf

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/192272-alive-spcoop-1-8-inshallah/
    https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190913-alive-spcoop-1-8-prophet/

Or if you already have AuTigerGrad's British Steel, it should be included there too.

I'll try to remember tonight though.

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Ok here's the staticdata.sqf file I'm using:

http://pastebin.com/rJv0rqcF

10. Thanks HeroesandvillainsOS much appreciated!

I gather I just swap the existing staticdata.sqf for this one and write in the heli's or other items I want in game?

per "[ALIVE_sideDefaultAirTransport, "WEST", ["UK3CB_BAF_Merlin_HC3_18_GPMG","UK3CB_BAF_Wildcat_Transport_RN_ZZ396"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet"

11. Yes

12. Edited 7 years ago by Ludi

-image-

No joy alas, no doubt I messed up the staticdata.

13. It is strange as the CSAT (vanilla) Logistic Heli's just turn up and hover near base.

14. I should note that it was doing this before altering the staticdata

15. Have you executed the staticdata in your Init.sqf file?

16. I have.

here's the modified staticdata:
    http://pastebin.com/DAh6GdH9

I have since noticed that in player logistic I had not set allow airdrops. So this behavior may relate to the heli's being defined in the logistics module and not in the player logistic module hence the behavior in the image.

17. quick question with this code, I am reducing the available tasks in the staticdata, should " ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"]"be seperated by a semicolon from the logistics scripting? re:

waitUntil {!isNil "ALiVE_STATIC_DATA_LOADED"};

ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"];

ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports, "EAST", ["O_Truck_02_Ammo_F","O_Truck_02_box_F","O_Truck_02_fuel_F","O_Truck_02_medical_F","O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F".......etc

18. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Generally yes, I seperate staticdata entries with semi-colons (I have to do this for logistics and using Davidoss's compatibility patch for Massi's units), but this is probably a good question for @SpyderBlack723

To post the script cleanly, use code tags. So put [code]my script goes here[/code

And close the bracket ^^^

19. Edited 7 years ago by Ludi

As in:
    ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks =

//Call task reduction
    ALIVE_autoGeneratedTasks = ["DestroyVehicles","DestroyInfantry","InsurgencyPatrol","InsurgencyDestroyAssets"];

//Call Specify Heli Logistics
    ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports = [] call ALIVE_fnc_hashCreate;
    [ALIVE_sideDefaultSupports, "EAST", ["O_Truck_02_Ammo_F","O_Truck_02_box_F","O_Truck_02_fuel_F","O_Truck_02_medical_F","O_Truck_02_transport_F","O_Truck_02_covered_F".......etc

?
    I typically do this too

Where does the close bracket go?

20. Edited 7 years ago by Ludi

Still no worky
    -image-

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!