Some Odd Combat Support Issues

1. 7 years ago

Hello!

Ive been experiencing some weird stuff with the Combat Support Module since the last update. With the CAS VTOL it won't fire or take a long time to fire on attack runs (itll circle for about 10 minutes) and then when told to RTB it wont RTB.

The other thing is with a thunderbolt on the main airfield on Tanoa, when it is told to RTB it will crash into the raised landing lights at the edge of the airfield on approach everytime it seems. After that it doesn't seem to respawn like it should (respawn timer is set to 1 minute with 99 respawns available)

2. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

The VTOL and airplanes crashing in to objects during landing seem to be general A3 AI issues. Can you experiment with the airplanes with vanilla A3 and check if they land properly? If they do land fine in vanilla then it might be something with ALiVE and someone will probably check it out further. :)

As for the respawn, last time I checked it out, it worked fine.

3. Yeah the AI aren't very good at flying VTOL crafts in Arma :)

4. yea its been pretty funny watching the VTOL shenanigans :P, another odd thing is that civilian vehicles spawn on the south side of the airfield on the runway itself even though its under a blacklist marker which is kind of off. I replaced the CAS VTOL with the thunderbolt but with the civilian vehicles spawning on the end of the airfield it creates some problems :P Is there a way to have the thunderbolt spawned flying in place perhaps somewhere on the map? That way I wouldnt have to worry about its derpy landings/crashing and then the vehicles at the end of the runway on take off haha. Then I guess I still have the problem of using the RTB function after the support mission is over and what it would do then since it doesnt have anywhere to actually land. Hmmmmmmm

or Sign Up to reply!