Dedi Providers

1. 7 years ago

Hello everyone,

I just had a question about dedicated server providers. We are using bluefang but I often come across performance issues and I dont even have that many units set up let alone have two AI factions interacting with eachother (jsut have a single OPCOM of OPFOR, 100 units for civilian objectives, 100 units for military objectives). How is the performance for tow AI factions fighting eachother and what provider do you use?

2. We use foxgamingservers.com and dont have many issues with performance. No more than any other company anyway.
    I am not familiar with Bluefang but its not always the Dedi hosts fault. If you want to, send me a mission you made and I can see if its setup right.
    Not saying you are at fault, sometimes balance is a hard thing to achieve in the Armaverse.

3. I think its pretty toned down I think which is the reason Im a bit suspicious. It has a few mod requirements but the settings are:

Max view distance set to 1100, less than 80 objectives for OPCOM set on TAORs, 100 units for civilian objectives, 100 units for military objectives, its on tanoa, cqb module set on 2%, asymmetric with facilities set on low, virtual limiter set on 25, civilians set on low, roadblocks set on low, camps set on low, IEDs set to medium and synced for asymetric, and only one OPCOM.

4. Everything sounds good.
    Any errors? Does your issues start when a certain event happens?
    Its hard for anyone to tell you that a server company is the exact reason for performance issues. All anyone can do is make sure you are setup correctly and if so then blame the host lol.

5. Yea thats what I mean is like it shouldnt be too crazy but sometimes everyone dips into 12-17 FPS (not even in large cities or anything). Nope RPT log looks ok besides some ALiVE task errors.

6. We use Foxgaming servers as well and have really great performance. Usually have 5-10 people on with tons of units, etc. and the server FPS stays solid the entire time.

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Opendome yes, I can attest to that. AuTigerGrad's server is great and he pushes his missions much farther than what you saying you're using. I'm talking full features, full 144 active profiles (the last I checked), all of it. I think he drops the spawn distance a bit and disables simulation on a lot of objects that won't be interacted with (and a few other sensible FPS boosting choices), but nothing I'd say too out of the ordinary aside from just sound mission design. There server is very stable and performance is wonderful.

8. hmmm yea like I even have my spawn distances cranked down to 1000-600 and I still get bad performance.

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Just an FYI those distances aren't too off for our FATA mission, but I think in general that mission is lower than some of better optimized maps (not totally sure TBH). Regardless, I think something is up either with your server or your mods or scripts. At least from what I experience on his server.

10. Edited 7 years ago by Dexious

@AUTigerGrad We use Foxgaming servers as well and have really great performance. Usually have 5-10 people on with tons of units, etc. and the server FPS stays solid the entire time.

Hello, do you mind telling me what hosting plan do you use on that host? (Option 1,2,3)

Edit: Are you also using any Headless Clients?

or Sign Up to reply!