Loading Screen

1. 9 years ago

Hey there guys,

So my squad and I were looking in to making some missions through ALiVE after discovering the amazing detail you can customize for each mission type. BUT with this came an error that I hope you all can solve. While trying to just set up the most basic quick start mission that is found within the Wiki, I am experiencing extreme load times of unknown times due to me quitting the program once fifteen minutes comes around. I don't understand why my system would take so long to generate the mission when I am trying to spawn 120 units, two platoons per side, within specific TOARs.

Am I going about something wrong or is there any way to fix this?

2. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Make sure your modules are synced together and not grouped, this could be the issue.
    -credit goes to spencer42

3. Edited 9 years ago by domino

This is happening to me sense the new update as well.

update, I believe this is happening to me on the N'Ziwasogo map when i set the random camps feature to spawn anything. Just gives me infinite load times.

4. Edited 9 years ago by Bealsky

Just to add here, I too followed the "quick mission" directions in the Readme.txt and have encountered the same problem. I tried with and without the camps and it didn't seem to change anything. Following the Readme.txt steps strictly with no special options or persistence enabled yields a non working mission, just FYI for you guys.

Sorry, just to edit, I am using the Zargabad map from the A3MP addon.

5. I'm having this issue with a good number of the official missions on the alivemod.com/missions page as well. Even some of the test missions that come with the mod are not working. Any fix yet?

6. Same thing is happening to me as well; even on the test missions.

7. No idea what's causing it, I myself don't have the issue, but firstly disable all other mods you have and try loading again. If it's a mission you've made, un-sync the modules, make sure they are UN-GROUPED (the light-blue lines) and then re-sync them. If it's a complex mission then make sure to give it decent loading time, since ALiVE is so modular-heavy and modules are the thing that takes the most time to initialise. If you've tried all of these, and waited at least 5 minutes, then report back. Good luck..!

8. A few missions have been ran with JUST the ALiVE mod and it still has taken a ridiculously long time. I'm going to go through the Insurgency mission and load the modules one by one and see if I could replicate the load times. I also need to re-sync the modules and test that out but removing the mods didn't solve the issue. I'll report back soon.

9. Edited 9 years ago by mccarthy

I get the same issue. Using just profiles, OPCOM, and BLUFOR markers and place units, get very long load times in the editor preview...same for on a dedi. Its been almost 15 minutes loading now and profile .rpt files are hung up it seems.

Latest version of ALiVE from this websites DL link.

http://pastebin.com/EksB4J6q
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_5rzypGe3hWUV94Zl9zR212R0k/view?usp=sharing

10. Same here

11. I've had missions take nearly 30 minutes to fully initialize. I found the CQB modules and civilian placement modules add extreme amounts of load time. I read that some of it comes from the algorithm that the models use to find placement coordinates on the map for the AI. Not sure if these high load times are to be expected or they're anomalous though.

12. Friznit

6 Jan 2015 Administrator

It depends entirely on the map. Larger maps with a lot of civilians buildings will of course take a long time to init for CQB and Civ Placement. You can improve this by filtering out small and low prio objectives.

13. highhead

10 Jan 2015 Administrator

if a mission is taking 30 mins to initialise then its broken.

We have fully occupied Altis with about 300 Virtual AI profiled groups on 3-4 OPCOMs , plus 2 instances of CQB with additional 300 ambient AI groups, plus Ambient Civilians, Air Support intialising within 5 minutes and running at 50 FPS (take a look at Foursome, Sabotage, Air Assault Showcases)

or Sign Up to reply!