Roadblocks remove/modify & spawn custom vehicles for insurgency

1. 7 years ago

Hi guys,
    So basically I'm building an ALiVE insurgency mission on CUP Takistan and I'm wanting to use CAF_AG as the insurgent faction. The problem I'm having is that although I disable roadblocks through the module they still seem to pop up. I've tried various ways to remove/modify them by using a staticData.sqf and calling it from init.sqf from in the mission folder. I followed instructions from a similar post on here and can't seem to get it to work.

The other thing I'm having issues with is I'd like to customise the vehicles that randomly spawn on the map. I've tried modifying the civ vehicles and enemy vehicles that randomly spawn also via staticData.sqf however doesn't have any effect for some reason.

I'd really appreciate some help thanks guys.

2. Bump. Seriously no one able to help?

3. I had a similar issue with trying to set civilian ambient car spawns via the staticdata, tried everything and still had no real effect unfortunately. Still, if you post your staticdata then someone might be able to correct it? Also in the upcoming release there's an ORBAT manager which makes that help on this front. I'll let one of the devs chime in on that.

As for roadblocks, are they turned off for every civ module? Could be that one has sneaked a few roadblocks in there, it's happened to me before. Without that being the case though, you shouldn't be getting any roadblocks at all. If you still have issues after checking, I'll happily take a look at your mission file if you post it.

4. Can't turn off roadblocks for asymm.

Post your static data file and the method you use to call it.

5. Sorry for long wait was buisy yesterday.

Here's staticData.sqf
    Here's my init.sqf

6. Try this for your staticData.sqf

https://gist.github.com/SpyderBlack723/f7a3b721fe9cf91635a1e01db294af9b

7. Thanks man will try when I get chance got an Operation now. :)

8. Hey just tested now civ vehicles are placing vanilla vehicles down still really odd. I tried putting vehicle faction "caf_ag_me_civ" am I doing it correctly?

9. That means it's working!

Remove the "caf_ag_me_civ" line and you should fix your civ vehicle issue.

(The line in question)

[ALIVE_factionDefaultTransport, "caf_ag_me_civ", ["CUP_C_UAZ_Open_TK_CIV","CUP_C_LR_Transport_CTK","CUP_C_UAZ_Unarmed_TK_CIV","CUP_C_Skoda_White_CIV","CUP_C_Skoda_Red_CIV","CUP_C_Skoda_Blue_CIV","CUP_C_Skoda_Green_CIV","CUP_C_Datsun","CUP_C_Datsun_Plain","CUP_C_Datsun_4seat","CUP_C_Datsun_Tubeframe","CUP_C_Ural_Civ_01","CUP_C_Ural_Open_Civ_01","CUP_C_Ural_Civ_03","CUP_C_Ural_Open_Civ_03","CUP_C_Ural_Civ_02","CUP_C_Ural_Open_Civ_02"]] call ALIVE_fnc_hashSet;
  10. It still seems to spawn the vanilla vehicles I'm trying to eliminate that. Also roadblocks still seem to spawn with the vanilla static MG any idea how to modify that?

11. Roadblocks use a separate function for getting vehicles which isn't possible to modify. It's very possible that the vehicle array contains civilian vehicles. Go through each class and ensure they all belong to that faction or create a new array that includes the vehicles you wish to have spawned.

12. Out of interest Spyder are roadblocks going to be fixed in a future update for asymmetric so disabling will work?

13. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

There are no current plans because it's built in to the heart of thr code, but you can always submit a feature request on github.

or Sign Up to reply!