No WarRoom access with rented Dedi Server [SOLVED]

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Tupolov

13 Oct 2016 Administrator

I don't see any other server trying to access War Room for your group. I'll go back through the logs. When was the last time you tested it?

3. Tupolov

13 Oct 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

Ok, think I found it

37.157.251.47 - - [08/Sep/2016:12:34:58 -0400] "GET /api/authorise?&group=BWFS HTTP/1.1" 200 546 "-" "-"

@tourist 37.157.251.47

4. @Tupolov: you mean this is a machine name or machine adress? So I should register the rented server with

46.228.198.108 as IP

and

37.157.251.47 as machine name?

5. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

IP

37.157.251.47 as iP

6. But still, do I NEED to type in a machine name at all or not? And if so, which of the numbers from the logs could be that machine name?

Sorry for being so thick... :-(

7. Tupolov

14 Oct 2016 Administrator

machine name is not mandatory

8. Ah, thx for making that clear. Now I can test with that IP you dug out of the logs. So I can simply type anything I want in the field hostname?

9. Tupolov

14 Oct 2016 Administrator

Yes, but we prefer something identifying like how the server appears in the Arma 3 browser.

10. Well, I fired up the Quickstart mission, but no connection to WarRoom established even though I had changed the rented server to use the new-found "hidden" IP 37.157.251.47...

11. WOOHOOO!!!

It does work, fi-na-fucking-ly!

Only, it is still the original IP I have to type in, that one: 46.228.198.108 - LOL!

I guess the 1.2 version of ALiVE makes this finally possible or my rented server provider has changed something regarding internal and external IP after I sent them my error reports as well. I did exactly the same as in all that failed tests before, only now it works.

Another thing I noticed in general also while playing this today and even while playing ALiVE mod-heavy missions hosted on my own PC after the release of ALiVE 1.2 as substitute as long as this issue here was not solved, and hats off to that, is a slight performance increase across the bank. The saving process definitely is faster than in previous versions.

Thank you for your dedication in improving the code of that awesome mod, and thank you for your patience and helpful advice in this thread and others like it!

or Sign Up to reply!