Multiple AI Commanders question

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Docbuck

Alright quick question. I'm doing my first little foray into ALiVE and I've got a decent tak insurgency scenario running on my server. Now I'm ready to get into it more.

My intent is to create two platoons of BLUFOR, both RHS FACTION USMC D. But I'd like for each platoon to have a different OPCOM assigned to a different AO..

This is partially because I want them to use their respective COPs and OPs to patrol out of. I'm also trying to find a way to make THAT work... Meaning make units RTB to rearm and refit, then head out. Id really like to schedule them so only one or two patrols are out at a time.

The issue with the multiple OPCOMs is they both try to control all the units belonging to their faction. Not ideal. Looking for a workaround.

Any ideas are welcome.

2. Edited 7 years ago by Docbuck

While I'm at it... The insurgents are far too numerous and aggressive. What are the optimal settings so that they fight in small groups and are far outnumbered in every engagement? Both by civilians and by the Marines.

3. AFAIK there is no way to have multiple OPCOMs per side. What you can do is make IND friendly to BLU then have your 2nd group run as IND units - or even create your own IND faction with USMC D guys using the new ALiVE Orbat creator (this might not be released yet but will be soon).

As for your 2nd question you'll have to fiddle with the numbers and test.. there is no real 'optimal' setting for Insurgency. Perhaps someone with more experience setting up INS missions can reply.

4. Thanks for the reply @SavageCDN. I did something similar and made it the RHS army desert faction. So that'll work for now.

or Sign Up to reply!