ORBAT Tool Class Inheritance

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by Docbuck

Thanks to everyone's help, I am making progress with the use of this ORBAT tool and ALiVE in general. I can ALMOST make a single damn thing work at this point! Which is better than 3 hours ago.

Following the steps in the wiki, I have created a new faction. Basically I took Massi's navy seals and created a single alive compatible group for them, just as a test. I closely followed the step where if you want to inherit units from a faction, you basically need to copy it as a first step, copy the units, and work from there. I did that.

It's all packed up in a little addon pbo thingy, too. Now, when I try to load the game with the mod, it is throwing errors saying that base classes of massi's units are not defined. Really getting frustrated. Here is the link to my config . Why is it not working?

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'm thinking so people can follow along, maybe we should keep ORBAT talk within a set thread? I'm learning here too but all these different threads are starting to add up and I'm hoping to have a set place to come back to incase I get hung up.

3. Edited 7 years ago by Docbuck

I agree. I think we have the same questions too, looking at the one you posted right after I posted this. I apologize too guys if I'm coming off like an ass, I'm just lost and about to throw something hard at my expensive monitor. We should keep things in the other thread since answers have been posted there. I'll figure out if I can remove this one.

edit: can't, but if an admin would like to consolidate it's all good.

4. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

http://alivemod.com/forum/2406-orbat-creator-general-faq

Can you repost your question there please, just copy and paste it. Will reply there to start a centralized source for information.

Thanks!

or Sign Up to reply!