Logistics broken?

1. 7 years ago

Started a fresh mission on Tanoa with CBA, Task Force Radio, and ACE, and of course ALiVE, and it seems like the Logistics module is broken. I can queue up units to be dropped or inserted, send the request. If I have the ORBAT Creator on, every time it reports the transport was destroyed in route when using convoy or Heli insert. Using Zeus, I do not even see the unit spawn on the map.

Removed the module, and the heli shows up, or at least one of the flight of two does, but it just hovers, then reports insertion complete and heads out.

Can someone else confirm this is happening for them as well?

2. Poncho, you dummy ;) (Don't flip out, we're buddies).

The Orbat creator module is only used when you are putting a faction together. It isn't used when you are putting together a mission for anything you have created with it.

Currently there are bugs with the Logistics drops it seems. Dunno what's going on with that part.
    I'll be on the TS when you get up to help.

3. Poncho I have experienced this issue with and without ALiVE. Something to do with landing radius I think. They can't find a suitable LZ, so the waypoint breaks. Then it eventually times out and they head home. I have tested this for countless hours over the last few weeks, and don't have a good fix on what's causing it. Possibly ACE, but that's not proven. Seems worse on Tanoa. Do a test WITHOUT alive (but with ACE). Just give a big helicopter an open LZ and see if they do it. In my testing they'll hover about 90m away if they can't land, or they'll try landing in like 10 different spots like a dog finding a place to lie down. Then do the same with the little bird. Little bird lands.

As far as fixing it, i don't have a foolproof solution but... I make sure no AI mods are on, including turning off as many of the ACE AI features as I can, then I basically give my logcom exact instructions. I make a very high priority objective right next to the logcom module, and I make sure there are both Paradrop markers and helipads in the vicinity. I also make sure I place units around it that are fixed, so the area is always "occupied", as far as the OPCOM is concerned. This works maybe 70% of the time, but it's not a true fix.

Again I think this issue spreads beyond ALiVE. It's particularly bad for medium transports and above, and on newer more cluttered maps like Tanoa. So avoid that stuff? Lol. Every time I bring it up people tell me I'm doing something wrong with waypoints and it works for them, etc... But after so many hours and testing different ways I'm pretty convinced it's not me :)

4. I should mention that this was done in a wide open air field with nothing within about 150m...

5. I've been having issue with combat logisitcs as well, specifically heli drops. The helicopter will spawn in with it's payload, but drop it instantly, fly to the requested location, land, and take off instantly. I've tested this on just ALiVE+CBA, and it happens every time. Would a video showing how I created the mission, and the resulting bug be helpful?

6. A video of the whole process from requesting the payload to the end of it would be more helpful, especially if you can capture the helicopter dropping the payload before it goes on it's mission.

7. Well I got 13 mins of footage of trying to recreate various bugs with the combat logistics module, using Zeus to follow the entire process. I'm no youtuber, so sorry about the shitty commentary and audio. Also I'm going to go check and make sure it's not a corrupted install of ALiVE while this video processes

8. Thank you

9. One wipe and re-download of the steam version later, and I can confirm this still happens to me. The video is also finished it's processing

10. @Furcas good video, demonstrates what's up quite well. :) Can you also try requesting combat supplies while you are on the other side of the Island so that the transports are virtualized? No need to record it but it might behave differently.

@Tupolov please take a look, seems like something is wrong with the slingloading code. :(

11. @marceldev89 Tried it from the opposite ends of Altis (Custom Placement SE, me NW) and the ghosthawk still behaves the same, only this time when I admin-teleported back to the custom placement, the supply drop wasn't there.

12. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Just tested things and can confirm that there's quite a bit of issues with it. Created a ticket on Github for this and other related stuff. You can track it here -> https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/107 :)

13. Neat, now I can pretend i'm helping!

or Sign Up to reply!