Custom Compositions

1. 7 years ago

With the new update it said that you can create faction specific compositions (which I am incredibly excited for! :D). I was wondering how to do this?

Thanks!

2. Yep see here:

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Script_Snippets#Compositions

3. That might need to change since it was written before the composition change, will try to review later today.

4. @SpyderBlack723 That might need to change since it was written before the composition change, will try to review later today.

Awesome thanks!

5. I think this is the new structure, more complex, but also more powerful.
    Only included one composition to save space and a few of the other types of composition types, but you can view them all in more detail here

6. Perfect thanks! I was also wondering where the asymmetric facilities went? Under empty groups in the editor you used to be able to see them but with this new system I cant seem to find them.

Thanks!

7. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Dunno, but they are in there.

Config wise they are under guerilla desert I believe.

8. Ah ok there they are hiding lol. One last question, when I redo all the compositions how do I use it/initialize it?

9. If they are in config, they are already "initialized".

For example, the code says I need a composition of medium size that belongs to a desert guerrilla faction.
    It reaches into the pockets of the config and digs out any compositions matching that criteria. If you've added them there, they will be found.

10. Oh, I was thinking that I could copy whats on github/replicate the structure then add that to my mission file like I did with the staticdata.sqf. Is there a better way?

Thanks again! :P

11. You use the description.ext as a mission-side config. Basically recreate the structure using the description.ext as the root or config.cpp.

12. Awesome thanks! So I can just create a config.cpp and copy/paste/edit the compositions from there? Another odd thing is that with the factions I made with ORBAT that the compositions side vary, ofr instance the US Army will sometimes use BLUFOR field HQs and sometimes INDEP field HQs while the NVA will sometimes use CSAT HQs and other times use INDEP HQs?

13. Edited 7 years ago by Svamp

Any relatively easy way to disable the vanilla A3 compositions and only use the CUP and Alive ones? The old Alive compositions where pretty generic and fitted in most locations, but the A3 ones fits really badly for islands like Nogova..

14. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@Opendome you copy the structure from alive/addons/composituon_a3/config.cpp (or wherever the composition definition chain starts and then recreate it in your mission's description.ext ( or create a mod to override it).

@Tupolov for Svamp's question

15. Perfect thanks! One sort of odd thign is when I extract the pbo and go in there they appeared to be encrypted

eg.

ý  class ÿCommunicÿationsLa_rge
    {þ*name = ÿ$STR_ZEC-_4e;5}\ÿnsMediumÀ]]5^ `¼
    Small¼¼4
    ^
    Q

but Im pretty sure I can just copy it from github and put it in there and it should work.

The other thing is that do I need to assign compositions to my new factions? Im just wondering because ones like the FIA Field HQ seem to get used by both sometimes (not during the same session). Sometimes BLUFOR uses BLUFOR compositions and OPFOR uses OPFOR compositions but then other times one side will start using INDEP compositions.

Thanks again!

16. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Use github to browse or download a clean repo

@Tupolov will know more about faction specific compositions

17. Awesome thanks! So I tried editing them and put the edited version in my description.ext but it still spawns the original ones?

18. Should I try a config.cpp?

19. Edited 7 years ago by Opendome

Hmm it seems no matter what I try it keeps spawning the original composition

Ive tried adding it to my description.ext and making/adding a config.cpp but they dont seem to work and just keep spawning the original compositions :(

20. I tried making a mod but it still spawns the original compositions too

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!