Only one specific mission won't start on a rented dedi (SOLVED)

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by tourist

Hi folks, as the title says I'm generally happy with my rented dedi after Tupolov and others have helped me to overcome the basic setup problems. Generally happy means I can e.g. play any official ALiVE mission with persistence and all works fine.

If, however, I fire up a few mods with, read carefully, server and client featuring the EXACT identical modline that lists the mods alphabetically, I can join and choose the mission just fine - but once I have a slot selected and click on continue in the lobby (being logged in as admin), I get a "crash to lobby" throwing me out of the loading screen at the point where you often see "waiting for host" displayed.

Here come the server client RPT hinting some ALiVE-related problems:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gn1syhh2inbv2n/Tourist%20Gameserver%20Bugreports.7z?dl=0

The PBO's labelled with -1 are definitely there on server and client! And have same size!

I need help...

EDIT:

I forgot to add that the very same mission CAN be started if I open a dedi on my own PC and that when playing there also the persistence works. Only, well, the FPS performance... I mean, why would I want a rented dedi after all, LOL!

I did, of course, rename the mission description in the description.ext and also renamed the PBO before trying it on the rented dedi xD...

So hopefully someone can tell me why ALiVE believes to be not there as the RPT's claim :-(

2. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Those -1s are "normal", only the A3 PBOs have meaningful values. The server doesn't seem to be starting any mission, perhaps try to get the server console output as well. Other than that, I don't see anything meaningful in the RPTs. First thought would be that the mission or some mod you uploaded has corrupted.

3. @marceldev89: thx for the first tips!

1) How can I access the server console output?

2) With the upload going via FTP and my rather slow upload speed, it might very well be possible that something's corrupted - but then again, why does the RPT referr to some ALiVE files missing and doesn't list another dependency as missing?

3) Mission design might of course play a role... I'll upload the PBO here - even if no-one wants to dl all the mods (understandable ;-) ), maybe it can be found a problem in mission.sqm, init.sqf or description.ext:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvsawoppaqb6u1a/BW_COIN_FATA_BETA_2.fata.pbo.7z?dl=0

4. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

As Marcel stated there aren't any alive-errors in either RPT file that I can see.

The dedi should generate server_console.log files if you are using the -profiles param (which you are) in the root of the A3 install. See this link:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/147360-how-to-server-consolelog/

In all honesty this smells of the server not having the required addons running (or one is corrupt) - the console log will verify this you'll get a long string of "mission read from bank" lines and the mission never loads. Especially since your local dedi loads the mission just fine.

5. Once more it's time to cite the famous quote you have in your BIS Forums sig, SavageCDN:

"IT WORKED. FINNALY. THANK YOU FOR HELPING I SEARCHED FAR AND WIDE IN THE INTERNET AND I FOUND YOU. GOD BLESS YOUR EXISTANCE MR.SAVAGE"

The server_console.log stated loud&clear that the game was (unsuccessfully) looking for the ASR AI userconfig. I had uploaded the new ASR modfolder to the rented dedi server, but had forgotten to update the userconfig folder there - so the new cfg file from the most recent ASR AI version was missing.

That was all I had to do; thanks to your suggestion to check server_console log I could find that out and played on my rented dedi the very same mission that before didn't work!

THANK YOU!!! (Topic can be marked as "Solved" ofc)

6. Edited 7 years ago by SavageCDN

lol silly userconfigs!! Yeah on a dedi the only way to see that output is the console log file (or if you have desktop access to the server)... glad you got it sorted.

That quote was from a random forum poster.... I love it!

or Sign Up to reply!