Mission Crashing

1. 7 years ago

Hello!

I've been having a hell of a time trying to figure out why my mission keeps crashing anywhere between 20-60 minutes in. Its on Lingor and I have been adding things/testing things on it for around a month so Im pretty sure its not Lingor itself. It only started happening after I made UNSUNG factions from scratch in the ORBAT editor (I used the existing faction names originally in the ORBAT which worked fine but I wanted to add some extra stuff so I made the factions from scratch). Everything spawns perfectly (no units that I didnt add to the new factions) but suddenly the mission will crash and the server restarts after anywhere between 20-60 minutes. Here's my rpt

Thanks!

2. I can upload my autogens too if that helps?

3. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Don't see anything obvious in the RPT besides a ton of spam about "missing word". Could be anything really.

There are a few terrains that crash A3 at specific locations. Not sure if Lingor is suffering from that though.

4. Thanks!

Yea its just odd, its been working fine until I made two new factions from scratch and added them. Since then I've been having the crashing issue. Ive been using the same map with the same stuff/layout and everything was fine up until I made the new factions with ORBAT. I wonder if remaking the factions would help?

5. Could it be that you've included some unit in the ORBAT that's somewhat broken (UNSUNG isn't really what you'd consider complete or "stable")? It would make sense with a crashing window of 20-60 minutes due to the random spawning of groups and such.

6. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

@Opendome could https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/4574 possibly be related? Should be fixed in the latest ACE update.

7. Hmm that could very well be related as I updated ACE and made the faction mod at the same time!

8. Even after updating it still seems to happen. Browsing the RPT near when the crash occurs I see

[XEH]: Man does not support Extended Event Handlers! Addon: @ace

Would this be the cause do you think?

9. That shouldn't cause a server crash.. in the past Lingor did have issues in certain areas where it would crash if the player moved to that area but this was years ago and I assume has been fixed since.

10. Yea it was working fine before but then CBA and ACE updated on the same day, then I made some custom faction mods with the ORBAT for the UNSUNG units (which seemed to work fine before) and then anywhere from 20-60 minutes the dedicated server will say "no message received", I jsut cant figure it out :( Ive tried different version of ACE too and still having the same weird problem.

11. @Opendome did you explore this option?

@marceldev89 Could it be that you've included some unit in the ORBAT that's somewhat broken (UNSUNG isn't really what you'd consider complete or "stable")? It would make sense with a crashing window of 20-60 minutes due to the random spawning of groups and such.

12. Yea thats what Im trying to go through now and explore :P Trying to see what spawns/what doesnt spawn which might be related to the crash.

Thanks! Hopefully I can figure it out haha

13. Do you know if theres anyway to figure out whats causing the problem? The RPT doesnt seem to give much information about it

14. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

It's the kind of crash that only BIS can really figure out from the memory dumps I guess.

15. Edited 7 years ago by Opendome

It makes me wonder if its because the servers getting overloaded, sicne I notice some running in place/small rubberbanding before it happens. I have two sides, NVA/VC and the USMC. each have 100 for civilian objectives and 100 for military objectives. They are under 80 objectives in total. Should I tone it down maybe? There are usually quite a few units spawned in at a time and without using a HC (which I recently got and am fighting with trying to get setup) get around 18-34 FPS.

Also I can place all of the groups I defined in the editor at the same time and it doesnt seem to crash?

or Sign Up to reply!