Persistence not working

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

No it's not. Vanilla loads up just fine and quickly too with a notice saying that my profile has been loaded correctly. Without the database on the Isla Duala map, it loads fine. How do I reindex the map? Or is that something the author has to do.

3. Also, are there maps that you know that work well and are indexed? Thanks.

4. Pretty sure we're waiting on Icebreakr to send over an unobfuscated PBO then at which point, it will be able to be re-indexed. ALiVE has a built in tool for indexing but you'll have to wait for the next version of the map.

5. A lot of maps work well. What kind of map are you looking for?

6. Tupolov

29 Nov 2016 Administrator

So I guess two issues here:

1. Isla Duala needs reindexing see http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Map_Indexing
    2. Your DB save for that mission has an issue. I'll keep looking at your logs, seems like the data loaded ok from the extenstion. If you can rerun the Duala mission with Database module debug turned on, that would help.
  7. Something big that my unit can play on. We currently have all of the CUP maps, all of the Icebreakr ones, ArmA 2 Esbekistan and Aliabad, and CLA Afghan. Do all of those work? And what exactly happens when a map isn't indexed?

8. Tupolov

29 Nov 2016 Administrator

If a map isn't indexed ALiVE will pretty much have issues spawnin AI etc. We have a list of supported maps here: http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

However, if a map gets updated we need to reindex it.

Looks like you already ran a mission and saved ok. Really need the database debug turned on to know more.

9. Okay. Well it says here Isla Duala is supported @HeroesandvillainsOS. Has it been broken in recent updates?

10. Working on debug now.

11. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Aliabad works and from what I hear, Clafghan MOSTLY works. It's listed as needing a reindex though.

I really like Takistan a lot. Chernarus too. I also like FATA (for A2 which is very similar to Clafghan), Sangin (FPS heavy but probably my favorite), Reshmaan.

Isola Di Capraia and Thirsk Winter are pretty cool for small conventional, non insurgency ops.

12. Yeah there are issues with Isla Duala. The rpt says as much which was read my one of the ALiVE devs. Anything you read is out of date.

13. Alright, so I made a Takistan ALiVE with the same setup and modules I used before with database, and it works. AI spawn great too, and persistence works great. Could it be possible that the Isla Duala mission didn't work because someone corrupted the save? I remember that after I made the mission, it worked the first time, then someone did an incomplete server save and exit and it wouldn't work after. How could I get the save uncorrupted or deleted? But honestly we're going to use Takistan while Icebreakr fixes his maps. Thanks guys.

14. Just avoid using Isla Duala until it gets reindexed.

Glad everything is working for you on Takistan!

15. Well I guess I said everything was working too early then. Tried loading into the mission and I'm having the same problem I had on the Isla Duala map. Uhg. What's going on here?

16. Turn debug on in the data module and post the same files you did yesterday for Tupolov to look at. He mentioned you might be having a separate issue if I understood him right.

17. On it. Hope I can get this solved soon. Could there be a problem with the modset?

18. Edited 7 years ago by Carmine39

Just read another post with a similar issue with persistence enabled and stuck on loading screens...turning off saving compositions now. I believe my data will have to be wiped though.
    Edit: This is our group http://alivemod.com/war-room/showorbat/3815

19. Tupolov would be the best at diagnosing what the problem is. For that he'll need your rpt files. Post the same stuff you posted yesterday but with the Data module debug turned on.

20. Tupolov

30 Nov 2016 Administrator

Yah we found a new bug... Disable saving compositions should fix it for new missions.

21. So Mr. Tupolov do you still need logs and my mission? Or should I just see if disabling saving compositions should fix it? I would need the data deleted for my group. And thank you all for the support, it's been much appreciated by me and my whole group.

22. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!