ALiVE Compositions...let's chat

1. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by AUTigerGrad

So I have some questions and would love for some bright young minds to fill in the blanks for me.

1. Regarding the ZECCUP compositions now built into ALiVE, if I utilize a CUP map (Takistan, Chernarus, etc.)...ALiVE will automatically detect I'm on a CUP map and use the ZECCUP compositions (if I have the pbos moved from the optional folder to the addons folder) instead of the vanilla compositions? Correct?

2. Regarding the line in the Custom objective module that says "Spawn a composition"...What do I put in that line? True/False? or do I put the name of the actual composition I want to spawn?

3. If I create my own compositions....A) what is the actual "name" of that composition? i.e. if I create a custom composition and I name it "FOB1"...do I simply type in the SPAWN COMPOSITION line of a custom objective "FOB1"? Or is there an actual naming convention I need to use?

5. I see the line [ALiVE_compositions,"FieldHQ",["yourCompositionClass"]] call ALiVE_fnc_HashSet. is used to call my own composition class for a Field HQ. Is this line used in the init of the Military Obj module? or the static.data.sqf? or either? How would I also utilize any other custom compositions I've created to override the standard ones for Roadblocks, Camps, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any and all answers to my questions kind sirs.

2. Tupolov

7 Dec 2016 Administrator

1. Yes and no :) we need to update our static data to map CUP terrains to a specific set of CUP compositions.

2. Classname of the composition. Or just place the composition in the editor and put the objective module on top.

3. Classname

4. What happened to Q.4?

5. Roadblocks you can via scripting. Any others need to be added via config (follow the ZEC/ALiVE composition config structure)

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Lol at the #4 thing. :)

Good info, Tupolov. I wasn't aware of most of these things so thanks. Great topic.

4. LOL...Question 4 I answered myself after studying the ALiVE Wiki. And I can't count so there's that too.

5. Tupolov

7 Dec 2016 Administrator
    Edited 7 years ago by Tupolov

We need a volunteer for static data mappings :) as I pointed out a while back ;)

http://alivemod.com/forum/conversation/post/16488

6. FYI,

Was messing around and saw that the CUP Factions spawn FIA at the roadblocks. Vanilla units are fine, but CDF, SLA, etc. out of CUP will spawn Opfor FIA at the roadblock compositions.

7. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

It's not just CUP. This has been happening for a very long time with roadblocks. I reported this months ago but never could make a solid repro.

I've seen this with Massi, RHS and Project OPFOR and others. Never used CUP myself. And it's always FIA at these roadblocks (not all roadblocks, obviously. But when it's the wrong faction it's FIA that spawns).

For me the problem is super rare but consistently around and has been for a long time. Hopefully you nail down a pattern and get better traction on this than I did.

8. I second that but I had to deactivate roadblocks for now anyway because of the persistence bug. But my map is so complicated that it's a bad example for reproduczion of bugs.

9. 6 years ago

@Tupolov 2. Classname of the composition. Or just place the composition in the editor and put the objective module on top.

3. Classname

So where does one get the classnames? The in game tooltop and the wiki both say to look in the config viewer under empty. Empty isn't expandable for me. It's, well, empty. Has this changed?

And is the class name in fact just the name we choose when we create a custom one? One word isn't much to go on when you're new.

And maybe I need to do more fiddling but I have yet to get it to work by simply placing the cust. objective module over a custom locations. Do I need to save it as a composition? I am not sure if I did this last time I tried to get this stuff working.

or Sign Up to reply!