Custom Orbat groups not working

1. 7 years ago

I have tried to make my own groups for the RHS factions but I can't quite get it to work. I have mostly made the groups smaller in size, moved them to the "correct" categories and lastly I deleted all Armored groups and made new one with some of the heavier mechanized units instead, so I could make them rarer.

However the M1A1 tanks still spawn even if they don't exist in any of the groups in my description.ext file, so I guess I'm doing something wrong. (when I open orbat at mission start I can see that all my groups gets loaded correctly though)

description.ext: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f8dafd7493617793ee0ed08d8a92fabe

2. Edited 7 years ago by marceldev89

Not sure if it's possible (or required) but try renaming the factions to something unique (e.g. rhs_faction_msv_imbazil or imbazil_rhs_faction_msv). ALiVE is probably falling back to the old faction mapping when using the same faction name as the original.

3. Edited 7 years ago by Imbazil

that seems to have been the issue, thanks!

On another note, is it possible to same the full factions in their individual files and somehow run them from the description file instead? or do I have to combine all factions into one huge table in the description file?

4. I think you can use #include "somefile.hpp" in description.ext but not sure about that.

5. Beware that with the description.ext you will still have to combine the appropriate parts in their corresponding classes..

All CfgFactionClasses entries must be under a single CfgFactionClasses header. Splitting into multiple files will result in a crash.

or Sign Up to reply!