Per faction skill levels

1. 7 years ago

Hey guys, would love to establish different skill levels for different factions for my insurgency mission. The idea being that there is a smaller, but much more disciplined and better trained occupation force versus a larger, but much less disciplined and much less trained insurgency.

I know that the AI Skill module is pretty busted currently, otherwise it would be perfect, so I haven't really looked at it as an option. Also, I tend to use VCOM, so I'm not sure if that ends up just overwriting everything.

Thoughts, suggestions?

2. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Generally insurgent factions will come less equipped than regular military factions. They take less shots to kill because they don't usually have ballistic protection values, they don't generally have tanks and other heavy tracked vehicles, and most don't have NVG's, putting them at a disadvantage even further.

I feel like Arma does a good job with this out of the box (when the faction is made by a skilled author) and I gave up using the skill module, even when it was working, a real long time ago.

Just my 2 cents.

Though note, I do play on a custom difficulty. I like 0.7 skill and 0.2 precision. The AI are aimbots in vanilla Arma, that's for sure! And I have no idea what VCOM does to infantry behavior or skill so keep that in mind too.

3. VCOM by default will set the AI skill depending on the rank of the unit. You can go in and change the settings (there's even some presets linking in the VCOM AI 1st post on the BI forums) to make them harder or easier, although I think they're about right straight out to the box.

Problem is changing those settings will affect both sides equally.

As Heroes says though, the big advantage is usually gear, and it often a great way to balance things out.

or Sign Up to reply!