How to set a trigger to fire once it is Occupied by ALiVE virtual units?

1. 7 years ago

So here's the deal...

I'm making tasks throughout a massive citywide assault where I want key points within the city to be captured by Blufor.

How can I set a trigger to complete once that zone is actually "Occupied" or "Captured" by Blufor virtual profiles in the exact same way as when we see those on the Intel page of the Commander's Tablet?

2. @AUTigerGrad I just made that same type of mission, but on a multi-city/town scale.I used a Sector Control Module (F5, Modules, Multiplayer) around the area I wanted, then placed a Logic Entity/Locations/Base (but I think you can use area or camp), placed a trigger around the same area and set it to everyone, then placed a Logic Entity /Sides BLUFOR and OPFOR in the same area. Sync the triger to the Location (Base) Logic Entity, sync the Location Logic entity to the sector Control Module, and both areas (BLUFOR OPFOR) to the Sector control Module.

the "How To" here will help https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Module:_Sector

Then place your ALiVE objectives like you would in any ALiVE mission in the same area.

Do all of this for each area, and it works great.

3. Although it wont show up on the intel page as the whole area being occupied until you clear the whole objective area.

4. Edited 7 years ago by Asmodeus

@AUTigerGrad

I at least wouldn't mind if you could give a try if you could come up with an easy-to-use solution with what @SpyderBlack723 was kindly offering to me. Please see: Using objective capture status for triggering events
    As far as I understand that by using the stuff Spyder was suggesting, there should be a possibility to "extract" the information when a zone has a certain state (Occupied, Captured, other) and then use that information to trigger other events.

@CaseyQ32 's solution shouldn't work, at least not for virtualized profiles. It does work when the AI profiles have been spawned in, but as we all know spawning in AI profiles needs a player (or some other magic trick) inside the AI profile's spawn radius.
    Virtualized profiles won't be able to capture Sectors (that are provided by BIS via a module) until ALiVE team can come up with a solution. Here's a GitHub request just for that: https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/251

Here's actually another discussion about making it possible for the ALiVE AI profiles to capture BIS Sector control modules: Let Virtual AI capture sector control

or Sign Up to reply!