Making a Group Fight

1. ‹ Older
  2. 7 years ago

Can you share this test CBA/ALiVE mission you made? Spyder made a very good point about the groups not necessarily getting an attack waypoint, especially if you're only using a couple groups. But the way you describe this, it's as if you can sync 30 or something units to the Virtual AI module and they'll all never move (which would not be normal!).

I'd like to take a peek, and look through the way you have your groups and modules set up.

3. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

You're using the Virtual AI dropdown option to virtualized synced units, right? The other option is to not have them profiled and in which case, what you're seeing would be normal. If so, switch the dropdown option.

4. Keep in mind orders can take time to be assigned.

5. I should have mentioned it was actually ALiVE/CBA/CUP Terrains and Maps because I wanted to place the TAORs in roughly the same place on Takistan.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3qy6tOzwzmZSy1VN1Y4YllrVnM

As far as waiting on orders, I've definitely given them time to propagate orders; on this vanilla mission I sat for a good 5 minutes making sure nothing happened and nothing did.

When you check on the Operations page, the group does seem to have a waypoint line extending southeast as I mentioned before, but they aren't acting on it.

6. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I'll take a peek. What's the exact repro step? Is it just the groups manually synced to the Virtual AI module that aren't moving to Commander waypoints or is it all virtual units in general (such as those spawned by the mil/civ obj module)?

7. I don't think I've tried syncing some and adding some by AI placement at the same time, at least not on the same side. I synced several groups to the AI module and after 4 groups were synced they quit moving around.

8. Thanks. I'll take a look at the mission later and see if anything looks out of place.

9. Edited 7 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@narrowsoul I should have mentioned it was actually ALiVE/CBA/CUP Terrains and Maps because I wanted to place the TAORs in roughly the same place on Takistan.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3qy6tOzwzmZSy1VN1Y4YllrVnM

As far as waiting on orders, I've definitely given them time to propagate orders; on this vanilla mission I sat for a good 5 minutes making sure nothing happened and nothing did.

When you check on the Operations page, the group does seem to have a waypoint line extending southeast as I mentioned before, but they aren't acting on it.

Ok I see what's going on here. When syncing a group to the Virtual AI module, you only sync the group leader. In the mission you linked, you synced all of the units within the group to the Virtual AI module. This is not the way you're supposed to do it. I deleted all of the sync lines except those of the team leaders of each of your groups, and the profiles are moving just fine.

Also, I don't believe you need to sync your player1 unit to Zeus. I'm not really a Zeus expert or anything, so take that part with a grain of salt, but I think if you just definine player1 as Zeus in the Game Master that would be enough. I never sync anything to Zeus in my missions (I use the #Adminlogged option) and it seems to work.

10. Excellent, glad to know it was something I was doing wrong that I could fix!

And yeah, I'm not so sure you need to sync Zeus either, but I still do it out of habit and it helps me keep track of which unit the module is associated with, especially with missions that have multiple Zeuses.

Thanks again, I had started to abandon my idea of a workshop mission but now I'm going to go back and do what I had planned.

or Sign Up to reply!