Profiled Warlords = Dead

1. 6 years ago

Currently I have a mission where I've spread 5 unknown "warlords" around the map and want ALiVE to use those groups as normal, but when the player kills them they get a task completion. Sort of an unexpected congratulations for killing someone important.

Now I have the warlords named (warlord_1 - warlord_5) and have 5 triggers with the condition !alive warlord_1 etc

That all works fine until I link those groups to the virtual AI module, at which time they all show as being !alive

I tried switching the Virtual AI module to "Virtualize all editor placed units except synced units" but that causes all my base defenders to appear in different places.

I just tried putting this setVariable ["ALIVE_profileIgnore", true]; in the init of the warlords but that doesn't seem to do anything and they show as !alive. What did I do wrong there because it seems to be exactly what I need.

I do want the OPCOM to have control of them so they get used like normal groups, but not get virtualized.

2. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

This behavior is why I stopped using an end game trigger (I.E. Mission completes when all profiles from a side are dead). It was firing when profiles were still on the map, I'm guessing because of something such as the OPCOM cycle temporarily removing the profiles on refresh, or something, making the trigger think it should fire. Or something. :)

Not sure if there's anyway around this if you insist on handing these units over to be virtualized.

Why not manually place these groups, and give them creative waypoints, or random spawn markers? That definitely will work because they'll never be virtualized and you won't need to worry tapping into ALiVE's systems.

3. I do want the OPCOM to have control of them so they get used like normal groups, but not get virtualized.

Franky, this is just not possible right now. If it's profiled, it either doesn't move, or it moves and gets loaded in and out of virtualization.

4. @HeroesandvillainsOS  Why not manually place these groups, and give them creative waypoints, or random spawn markers? That definitely will work because they'll never be virtualized and you won't need to worry tapping into ALiVE's systems.

They are currently manually placed, but I was hoping to have them controlled by the OPCOM so they would just get involved with the battles like "normal" groups without me having to give them predetermined waypoints. That way I won't really know where they are as I play with the guys.

Kind of frustrating, but I'll figure something out I guess

or Sign Up to reply!