ORBAT Issues

1. 6 years ago

Hello!

Im having all sorts of weird issues with the ORBAT, whenever I export and try the faction I get getting maxHorizontalRotSpeed errors on every vehicle with a weapon and the gunner and even the gunner slot just disappears? Also on static weapons adding units to them is super hit and miss without changing anything

2. It's recommended to create new units inheriting from existing units if you wish to modify them, I'm guessing you are trying to modify a unit that already exists in config and wasn't created using the ORBATerer.

3. Static weapons should not be assigned units.

4. Hmm yea Im trying to make a Talibanish faction suing LOP units/vehicles and the only thing I did was assign units from the faction I made to the vehicle.

5. Edited 6 years ago by Opendome

Im not sure whats goin on, if I place an original vic from Project Opfor its fine, but if I use orbat and dont change a thing in it I get that error and the gunner/slot for the gunner disappears. I even tried using a vanilla vehicle and put one of my faction units in it and I got the error again :(

6. class I_INDEPTaliban_UAZ_SPG_9_01 : LOP_AM_OPF_Offroad_M2_OCimport_02 {
    author = "";
    scope = 2;
    scopeCurator = 2;
    displayName = "UAZ SPG-9";
    side = 2;
    faction = "INDEP_Taliban";
    crew = "I_INDEPTaliban_Bonesetter_9_01";

class Turrets : Turrets {
    class M2_Turret : M2_Turret { gunnerType = "I_INDEPTaliban_Leader_13_01"; };
    };

7. class I_INDEPTaliban_UAZ_SPG_9_01 : LOP_AM_OPF_Offroad_M2_OCimport_02 {

Try deleting the vehicle and recreating it..

8. Thanks for the help! Hmm I tried deleting it and readding it but it seems it the same with all of the Project OPFOR vehicles

9. Hi folks,

14th of October now and I have the exact same problem as Opendome, but with an entirely different modset as base for my faction.

I want to build a custom faction out of the OPTRE units and have no problems with the infantrymen. After I have created new units by letting them inherit the base class from a BIS NATO soldier, I apply my custom loadouts. Then export Full Faction, make a PBO - all good, these infantry groups appear with that gear ingame and spawn correctly if called by ALiVE Modules.

The vehicles in my groups, however, although the original OPTRE units by themselves work absolutely fine, show the errors which Opendome describes above. Only the driver slot can be occupied at all; the rest is inaccessible. If I place one of these vehicles in editor and drag units onto it, the symbols shows that the slot "driver" is occupied and then what unit is in that slot - but for the gunner slot and all other slots, the word "gunner" does NOT appear at all; instead it reads just "" and then the classname of the unit I have dragged in.

Hope you can help with this problem; ORBAT is such an awesome tool!

or Sign Up to reply!