@aliverserver and @Advanced Rappelling conflict?

1. 6 years ago

Hi there. I noticed the other day that the "rappel self" function was not showing up anymore after I started using ALiVE. I started to play around with it and found that when I run @aliveserver in the -mod line the "Rappel self" option is no longer available. If I take it out or put it in the -servermod line it shows up again however my player no longer syncs to the War Room. Has anyone else had this issue?

Oh btw Urban Rappelling still works without issue.

Thanks!

2. Sorry I should say that the "Rappel Self" does not show up when I am in a chopper at an insertion point. My bad.

3. Edited 6 years ago by Rivin

Quick update. If I have:
    -servermod=@aliveserver;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling advanced rappelling works from choppers. However persistence and some functions such as "talk to pilot" no longer work.

If I have:
    -servermod=@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling;@aliveserver
    Persistence works but rappelling does not.

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Weird. Been awhile since I used it with ALiVE but it used to work fine on a dedicated server. I used to launch it clientside only if I recall. Can you try that?

So only run Advanced Rappelling on your own PC and leave it off the server and see if it all starts working.

Been a bit since I used smaller outside mods like that one (I try to use as little mods as possible these days), but they definitely played nice not long ago. Though note I could be wrong and just running it clientside. I don't seem to remember running it on both but it's possible I guess. Man my memory is bad. It's only been like a month since I launched it online :(

5. I have always opted to have @aliveserver alone on the -servermod line and everything else attached to -mod

Never had an issue running the two together this way.

6. I am having a similar problem. I am using Alive Transport Helicopter, and Advanced Urban Rappelling. When selecting insertion the Chopper flies to where it is supposed to, to correct height, pilot clears us for rappelling, but never get rappel self action. I can go to top off building and get it, so I know its working.
    Any Help Appreciated!
    Dan

7. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@SlammanDan I am having a similar problem. I am using Alive Transport Helicopter, and Advanced Urban Rappelling. When selecting insertion the Chopper flies to where it is supposed to, to correct height, pilot clears us for rappelling, but never get rappel self action. I can go to top off building and get it, so I know its working.
    Any Help Appreciated!
    Dan

Advanced Urban Rappelling is the one that lets you free rappel from buildings. Advanced Rappelling is the chopper specific rappelling one. Not on dedi, but I used Advanced Rappelling two days ago on a local LAN session and I rappelled just fine.

8. Yes sir, my bad. Works fine with correct rappelling!
    Thank You
    Dan

or Sign Up to reply!