IR Markers

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Fletcher

Hey guys. What type of IR markers work for the transport support. Been trying to use the CSAT IR grenades and they don't seem to see them. Hmm maybe I should use a Russian heli but change out the Russian pilots with csat ones. I'll get back to ya. :)

EDIT: "Ya the Russian pilots don't have the NVG on and even the visors of their pilot helmets are up lol those dummies."

2. Ok on my test mission(CBA and ALiVE) the CSAT does not recognize the IR Grenades, IR Strobe and Chemlight(IR). Even the gun laser :)

I've also changed the pilots helmets from the pilot(CSAT) to the crew(CSAT).

3. So I take it you're trying to get them to land on the IR strobe, so they know it's safe?

It might be worth opening a feature request:

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues

They will currently wait for smoke on a pickup order. I guess I could see the benefit in wanting them to wait and land on IR at night.

That's assuming I understand what you're trying to do.

4. Ya sry I should have explained a bit better. For "Pickup" requests at day time they required you to throw out a smoke and at night they require you to place a IR marker. So far using my test map I can not get the CSAT to respond to any IR. I actually made a new test map with Alive and CBA as well same issue.

I will look into posting at the GitHub thanks.

5. Ah! Sorry I never fuss with the feature. IMO it requires too much tablet opening so I just use the land option. Lol.

Probably a bug then. You should open a ticket.

6. lol ya sometimes when I get them to land they don't land in the safest places sometimes. :) I just opened up a ticket. Back to testing :) Fun fun

7. Is this with vanilla IR strobes?

8. Edited 6 years ago by Fletcher

At first I tried with my mods. Then I created a new mission with just CBA and ALiVE and used what the game gave me and still didn't work. I opened a ticket on GitHub. :)

9. Ok, thanks.

10. WEEEEEEEEE! Fixed and hopefully implemented next patch. :)

or Sign Up to reply!