Can see server on WarRoom but no persistence

1. 9 years ago

I don't think persistence is working on my Server. The server starts and it looks like the profiles start in the same spots every time. Does it require 2 or more players to even have persistence? What's going on? I can see my server in WarRoom and look at AARs etc.

Thanks for the help.

2. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Because I don't have much information to work with, are you using the Server Save and Exit to save the mission when you are done.

Persistence should work with only one person.

3. Yes I am.

4. Tupolov

5 Jan 2015 Administrator

post aliveserver.log and and your server rpt to pastebin.

5. Was there any solution to this? Having the same issue.

6. I'm having a similar issue too, I have a post about it. Pretty frustrating.

7. My issue was that I go in and move a truck around and save my player state but when I come back in my player state isn't saved and the truck isn't in the same spot. Using mods.

Here is my RPT and AliveServer.log file...

8. Tupolov

7 Feb 2015 Administrator

Did you select save to database in the DB module? Doesn't look like the data module connected to the db.

Are you using the alive menu to save and exit?

9. was using Server Save and Exit in menu

10. Tupolov

9 Feb 2015 Administrator

Plugin looks fine. What is in alive.log?

11. @Tupolov Did you select save to database in the DB module? Doesn't look like the data module connected to the db.

What do you mean did I select save to database? I thought there was only one option and that was "CouchDB"?

12. alive.log

13. Deleted 9 years ago by GunnyDev
  14. Tupolov

10 Feb 2015 Administrator

Ok, so looks like you are connecting to the DB fine.

In Player Options module, you need to select SAVE TO DATABASE.

15. Ok I will give that a try.

16. OHHHHHH I see what you are saying. Sorry. I had a friend who was making this and was trying to figure what he did wrong. My bad for not seeing an obvious mistake testing right now.

17. Ok so in the Player Options module I made sure everything was set to save to the database, including "Save to Database" set to "Yes", but I have still had no luck. I waited about 6-7 minutes before joining the server. I spawned in where I had left my character but the objects I had moved around with R3F Logistics were not there and the vehicle I had driven around was not where I had left it either. Be aware that I did use the script snippet from this post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180049-R3F-Logistics&p=2826015&viewfull=1#post2826015 to make R3F moved objects save to the database.

18. Edited 9 years ago by dixon13

I took a screenshot of the log when I was saving-image-
    Note: Right click and copy the image URL and open a new tab and paste the image URL in the URL to enlarge the picture.

19. Ok I got it to work. Here is another pic of the database log...
    -image-

20. Edited 9 years ago by dixon13

What I did was move the objects around to where I want with R3F then I use ALiVE's logistics to pick it up and then set it back down. Also, before I drove around an RHS HMMV instead of a vanilla vehicle. This time I drove a HEMMT around and that saved properly.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!