Custom Objective's not making HQ's?

1. 6 years ago

Hey,

So from my knowledge the custom placed objectives are not creating HQ's despite setting the parameter. Field HQ objects are not being placed down, and from what I can tell, the AI does not use the objectives for logistics (which although I turned the debug on for the military commander and logistics, I got nothing debug related on the screen - perhaps another bug?)

2. Friznit

16 Jun 2017 Administrator

To clarify, do you mean you are trying to force the location of a Logistics HQ by placing a Mil Placement (Custom) with a high priority value near to the Mil Placement (Military Objectives) module?

With debug on you should see a couple of flag icons on the map where the HQs are placed (main HQ and Log HQ). This is working fine for me in testing.

3. Exactly - for me it does not place an object for the HQ, nor do I see an reinforcements being replaced at the location.

What exactly are your debug settings? For me, nothing appears when I turn my debugs on for the logistics/commander. Maybe it is because i'm using the workshop version of ALIVE?

4. Friznit

16 Jun 2017 Administrator

Turn debug on in Mil Placement module. You should see a couple of green flag markers near where the module is placed. These are the HQ and Log HQ locations. If you place a custom objective and set it to say, 999 prio, the log HQ flag should move to that location.

I'm using Workshop version of ALiVE on Tanoa.

5. Edited 6 years ago by Burdy323

Hmm.

So that works on Altis, but on my custom Neaville & Omaha indexes, nothing appears from the debugger (and from this I assume that the logistics do not properly function as the faction runs out of reinforcements and does not properly reinforce themselves).

6. Edited 6 years ago by Burdy323

Just going to bump this as I've been screwing around with this issue - it appears for non-vanilla factions, ALIVE does not make custom objective HQ's

Ignore that : Just confirmed that it appears the HQ setting does not work regardless of any setting with custom objectives. Check this out : https://ufile.io/dezwy - note that when the objective size is set for 500x500 it will not pickup the custom objective as a logistics point nor drop anything as an HQ. change the size to anything over 2000x2000 and the module will pick up a logistics point

or Sign Up to reply!