Saving Error - CQB and Player Logistics (Logs)

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Vegas

Hello all,

Been having some difficulty recently with saving CQB systems and Player Logistics.

Just to provide a little more information, I actually have Player Logistics Persistence turned off. Logistics (move, carry etc) are still enabled, but persistence is off for this module. However, it still appears to be trying to save this on mission exit, and hangs up forever without finishing. That's random issue number one.

Second issue I seem to be experiencing is with CQB systems. Obviously I have persistence enabled for CQB, however is does not appear to be saving. After hitting Server Save & Exit, it runs through the save, I see the log entry for CQB, returns OK value, however it always says "saving 1 CQB installation" whatever and never more than 1. After reloading the mission, all CQB is reset and everything is occupied by enemies again.

Steps I've taken:

• Reproduced with just ALiVE and CBA and map of course
    • Deleted all mission modules and replaced from scratch
    • Tried switching version to latest Pre-Release build... still happens
    • Enabled Data Debug to capture more complete logs (attached)

If anyone wants to check out my logs who has a better understanding of them, please feel free.

Download Log here

2. Edited 6 years ago by marceldev89

@Vegas Just to provide a little more information, I actually have Player Logistics Persistence turned off. Logistics (move, carry etc) are still enabled, but persistence is off for this module. However, it still appears to be trying to save this on mission exit, and hangs up forever without finishing. That's random issue number one.

It doesn't actually save anything but there seems to be an error occurring when persistence is disabled causing the process to "crash". Should be fixed with this commit in the next update. :)

@Vegas Second issue I seem to be experiencing is with CQB systems. Obviously I have persistence enabled for CQB, however is does not appear to be saving. After hitting Server Save & Exit, it runs through the save, I see the log entry for CQB, returns OK value, however it always says "saving 1 SQB installation" whatever and never more than 1. After reloading the mission, all CQB is reset and everything is occupied by enemies again.

For whatever reason CQB persistence has been disabled/removed since before ALiVE went open source (around 1.0.5). This seems unintentional but I've asked the team why this happened. I'll get back to you on that.
    The above is wrong. Will need to go deeper to figure out what's going on. :)

3. Edited 6 years ago by marceldev89

@Vegas can you create a ticket at https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues for the CQB issue with a repro mission attached to it? highhead will then take a look at it. :)

4. Apologies for the delay. Been busy over here.

Here is a repro mission for both issues on Altis running nothing but ALiVE and CBA.

Download repro mission here

Additionally, here is a screenshot of the issue.

-image-

Also created issue report on the Github.

or Sign Up to reply!