Civilian Spawning on Bornholm and Isla Abramia Help

1. 6 years ago

I've been using ALiVE for quite a while now and decided to make a mission on Bornholm using RHS and Project Opfor units in an insurgency style. I set up the civilian modules so as to use them as sources of info on the insurgents with Spyder's addons. I decided to just let them spawn across the whole map as a test, but unfortunately they wouldn't spawn, except for one single civilian in the same spot. Tried it with Isla Abramia, same result. I tried giving them TAOR's as well, but that didn't work. I went onto one of my missions on Takistan however, and found that it did work. Quite stumped right now, but still loving the mod.

2. IIRC Bornholm may need to be re-indexed, and I don't think Isla Abramia is supported yet.

http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Maps

3. I expected that was the issue with Bornholm. Maybe I'll give indexing a try and see if I can fix it. Thanks for the reply though.

4. Yeah I don't think Bornholm was ever re-indexed after it's last update. Let us know if you get it done and we can include the files in the next ALiVE release.

5. PS - In the meantime, do you have any recommendations for any European/forest maps to play as Russians vs Insurgents?

6. highhead

18 Jul 2017 Administrator

Chernarus :)

7. Ah. Hmm. I have ssssssss-sssssstutter issues with Chernarus. Apparently not everyone does but test the map with a basic mission before building something epic and then regretting it afterwards.

8. @Maverick PS - In the meantime, do you have any recommendations for any European/forest maps to play as Russians vs Insurgents?

Caribou Frontier (my fav or 2nd fav map)
    Celle2
    Koplic
    Thirsk

9. GOS Gunkizli is a good map, it's pretty flat country side that wouldn't be out of place in a European map, but uses middle eastern houses. There's a couple of airfields, and some swap areas.

I've posted this video before but it was from Gunkizli and gives you an idea of what it's like

10. Edited 6 years ago by Maverick

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions! In regards to Bornholm, I'll have to learn the whole indexing thing, so it'll likely be awhile before that happens. I have made some missions on Chernarus, but part of the issue is that a lot of the buildings aren't able to be entered, so that sometimes takes away from the insurgency, and is part of why I like Bornholm so much with all of its spread out farms and isolated locations. I'll definitely give Caribou Frontier and Celle2 a look, and GOS Gunkizli does look interesting for sure, I'll probably use it on another mission.
    Thanks again!

- Oh, on an off topic note, my computer crashed for the second time and just deleted all 26.5 gbs of A3's mods... again.

or Sign Up to reply!