Can I override the default "Reinforce" option on Player Logistics

1. 6 years ago

So by default, each unit/group in your payload that you request through Logistics is set to "Reinforce". However, 99% of the time, when I use this menu, it's to request units or vehicles for myself (i.e. I want to add them to my squad).

Is there a way I can set/override the default for my particular mission?

Cheers!

2. Nope, it's not possible to override the default selection for the reinforcement type. You might want to put up a feature request at https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues because it sounds fairly reasonable to default to "Join Player Group".

3. Why is that reasonable? I use reinforce way more often. Though to be fair, I use Spyder Addons to recruit AI.

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

^^^ I don't personally care which one it defaults to. I don't mind clicking. Just saying. :)

EDIT: Just spent a few minutes thinking about this. If I didn't use Spyder Addons, I'd probably wish join player group was defaulted too. I change my opinion on this request. Not that my opinion matters, but yeah I think it does sound reasonable.

5. Friznit

6 Aug 2017 Administrator

It's a personal preference. I'd bet for everyone who would prefer one option to default, you'll find someone who'd prefer it the other way.

6. Thanks for the discussion guys.

I actually followed marceldev89's advice and posted it as an idea on Github (before I saw your response Friznit). Feel free to do what you want with the issue Friznit, just wanted to throw it out there and see what people thought. :)

I may look into Spyder Addons HeroesandvillainsOS :), maybe that will help with my issue of constantly forgetting to change the reinforcement type :P

7. This might be a lot of effort, but why not have a dropdown on the module itself for people to choose the default for their particular mission (perhaps even allow us to enable/disable one option or another entirely)?

That way, it doesn't get in the way of personal preference, at least for mission makers that is.

8. The issue is, the options are already there. All the user has to do is click. To invest dev resources into something so trivial, with so few requests to do so, doesn't seem like time well spent IMO.

9. Yeah I understand completely HeroesandvillainsOS, just thought I'd bring it up.

More of a personal frustration that I keep forgetting to change it to "Join player squad" ;)

Thanks for mentioning Spyders addons BTW, started incorporating them in my mission just now :) I'm using the recruit/vehicle/gear addons so that players can request things in the main BLUFOR base without having to dip into the force pool. Only when they're out in the field do they need to request stuff from logistics. Working nicely so far :)

10. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yeah I love Spyder Addons to pieces. I use the Loadout Manager, call to prayer (which has been finicky in the past so you may want to test it), ambient animals/traffic, and recruitment a lot.

For ambient vehicles, remember the module takes classnames only for vehicles and units and not faction names.

or Sign Up to reply!