Trouble with MACC

1. 6 years ago

Hello,

I'm working on an ALiVE mission taking place on Altis. Currently, I'm using units built via ORBAT with valid groups and units. In my ORBAT I've got 2 factions that BLUFOR is using. coldwar_usarmy and coldwar_usaf. I've got the Virtual Commander and Objectives using the usarmy, which has no planes in it's unit list. But then on the MACC module I've set the faction to coldwar_usaf which has A-10s, F-16s, and F-15s. Everything works fine except for the MACC module. I've got the MACC placed at an airfield, and when the mission starts it will radio out that the airbase has been setup.

However, anytime a request comes in, the MACC will refuse due to 'No aircraft available'. I've even gone so far as to manually place the aircraft in the area around the MACC module, but they still refuse with 'No aircraft available'.

I think deleted the Empty aircraft and set the MACC module to 'Place Air Assets' but they again would say 'No aircraft available'.

Does the faction being used by the Virtual AI Commander need to also be the faction that the MACC module is using? Can I not use one faction for MACC and another BLUFOR faction for the other objectives?

2. As long as you have both factions listed in the Military Commander module it should work. Test your mission with vanilla factions (BLU_F) to rule out any ORBAT / unit / group issues.

3. I'd wager this issue is from the MACC not correctly picking up the weapon CFG's of the custom aircraft. It's been fixed in the dev build but alas, no official update since the fix : https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues/384

or Sign Up to reply!