Steam workshop version of ALiVE not working with new Arma?

1. 6 years ago

Is anyone having problems with this? The new version of Arma 3 isn't liking the version of ALiVE that we have had working on our mission server for the last 2 days. Also getting several mission makers in our community that are having problems with the latest update.

I thought this version Pre-Release linked version was getting released but it still has the "Pre-Release" tag on it from Github and for our main server I want to keep the Steam version current just because I don't want to push the pre-release on our players for no reason.

2. What's the problem(s)?

3. I got a crash to desktop and the other guys have told me that they are either getting the same problem or AI not spawning. Remember this has been reported on the current Steam Workshop version and it is a small sample.

4. Compatibility with the LoW platform update is a top priority, but unfortunately, without any examples, repros, rpt's or anything substantial, nothing can be investigated or fixed.

5. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Do you have the rpt from your CTD handy? Just curious for my own personal reasons, what map?

6. I haven't done one with limited repro modset in mind. I am running a ton of mods for a mission I am testing and the only one I have right now has all those mods included and its a ton but not a lot of GB's of data. It is on Tanoa at the moment though.

7. It all comes down to individual setups. I run large modsets as well on IFA3 Maps and Esseker atm after installing LOW DLC, but not once did I experience a CTD. Your best bet really is to provide some .rpt's - the guys here in the ALiVE forum are a super helpful bunch if you show them more exactly where it hurts... ;-)

8. Yes @tourist we tend to help each other quite a bit and have been doing so for many moons now. When the real money job slows down a bit...

or Sign Up to reply!