Anyone use the Simulation Manager alongside ALiVE?

1. 6 years ago

I like to add detail. Sometimes too much detail. Be it soldiers patrolling the base, villagers manning stalls at the market, or mechanics working on a broken down vehicle in the motorpool. I like the details.

Problem is if I virtualize them with ALiVE (for performance) they never come back in the same spot. So I'm going to try the Sim Manager and was wondering if anyone else has tried it and does it cause any issues with ALiVE? I figure if I have my virtualization range set to 2000, and the sim manager set a little further then I should be good?

Anyone have any experience with this?

2. Friznit

28 Sep 2017 Administrator

It works fine together. Use sim manager on stuff that's not handled by ALiVE and ALiVE for the profiles. I do this a lot for building detailed positions with hand placed enemy, and run ALiVE over the top for that background 'generic' battlefield. Think of it as a proc gen battlefield augmented by custom content.

Spawn ranges don't really matter much, though generally I have sim manager slightly higher than ALiVE so it doesn't try to sim manage profiles that spawn ... That'd just create unnecessary CPU effort

3. Awesome, that's exactly how I was hoping it would work.
    Thank you sir.

or Sign Up to reply!