Combat support lights

1. 6 years ago

I'm hoping this is a relatively simple question. Does anyone know how to turn off the lights on a player transport helicopter? Using RHS, just have helicopter spawning with module currently. The collision lights are always on, which are a bit immersion breaking when doing a stealth infiltration/extraction.

2. Edited 6 years ago by patpowercat

I have tried:

this action ["CollisionLightOff", vehicle this];

as well as

this action ["CollisionLightOff", this];

in the code of the Player combat support transport module, neither of them seem to work for me.

3. Also, anyone know how to set the pylon loadout of aircraft? I've been looking around BIS forums and I'm just super confused. Want to use John Spartan's F/A-18 with a custom loadout for MACC.

4. Edited 6 years ago by patpowercat

Mmmkay. So if it is NOT virtualized I can make a script with this:

private _pylons =["PylonRack_Missile_JS_F18_AIM9X_x1","PylonRack_Missile_JS_F18_AIM9X_x1","PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x1","PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x1","PylonRack_2Rnd_BombCluster_01_F","PylonRack_2Rnd_BombCluster_01_F","PylonRack_Bomb_JS_FA18_GBU12_x1","PylonRack_Bomb_JS_FA18_GBU12_x1","PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x1","PylonRack_Missile_AMRAAM_D_x1","js_m_fa18_wing_tank_x1"];

private _pylonPaths = (configProperties [configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf JS_JC_FA18E >> "Components" >> "TransportPylonsComponent" >> "Pylons", "isClass _x"]) apply {getArray (_x >> "turret")};
    { t removeWeaponGlobal getText (configFile >> "CfgMagazines" >> _x >> "pylonWeapon") } forEach getPylonMagazines JS_JC_FA18E;

{ JS_JC_FA18E setPylonLoadOut [_forEachIndex + 1, _x, true, _pylonPaths select _forEachIndex] } forEach _pylons;

Running this will make an editor placed plane named JS_JC_FA18E take the given loadout. But not for the class on spawn from virtualized AI system.

5. From what i can see in the FSM, as soon as the chopper has a task the collision lights are supposed to be off:

while {(_chopper getVariable "NEO_radioTrasportUnitStatus") == "MISSION" } do {
        _chopper action ["CollisionLightOff"", _chopper];
        sleep 0.01;
    };

Are the vanilla choppers using their collision lights too ?

6. Friznit

23 Nov 2017 Administrator

This^

Custom pylon loadouts aren't supported for virtualised units yet. It'll requires a fairly hefty change to the profile code.

Combat Support units will retain custom pylon loadouts for manually placed aircraft in the next release.

or Sign Up to reply!