Static Items Not Saving after Local Save

1. 6 years ago

Hello all... I'm relatively new to ALiVE, so I am still learning all the intricacies of how the mod works.

I recently managed to figure out local persistence in ALiVE, and have confirmed it is working – after a server save and exit, upon revisiting the mission, SITREP markers are still visible on the map, and vehicles and equipment that were left scattered around by my messy players are still where they were left.

One of my players had set up automated turrets around our HQ, however, and those were no longer there after the server save & exit. One of our plans was to take items to build FOBs elsewhere on the map, but if static items aren't saved on exit, there's no point in doing this.

Is this activity normal, or should placed items like turrets be saved? Thanks!

2. @AccidentalRob Hello all... I'm relatively new to ALiVE, so I am still learning all the intricacies of how the mod works.

I recently managed to figure out local persistence in ALiVE, and have confirmed it is working – after a server save and exit, upon revisiting the mission, SITREP markers are still visible on the map, and vehicles and equipment that were left scattered around by my messy players are still where they were left.

One of my players had set up automated turrets around our HQ, however, and those were no longer there after the server save & exit. One of our plans was to take items to build FOBs elsewhere on the map, but if static items aren't saved on exit, there's no point in doing this.

Is this activity normal, or should placed items like turrets be saved? Thanks!

How are these statics being set up/delivered? By calling in with Player Logistics or being dropped by Zeus or some other method?

3. We have a Virtual Arsenal set up, so the player is pulling the turret items from the VA, tossing them into a vehicle, and then driving around our HQ to set them up. We've not yet called in items via logistics for setting up FOBs or supply depots yet.

4. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Hmm that’s a good question actually. Vehicle state is persisted as long as a player “gets in” and gets back out. I don’t code, so I have no idea if for this purpose a turret is considered a vehicle. Though what I will suggest is that the next time you try, can you have your friend dude set up guy get in the turret as gunner and get out and see if that persists it?

Otherwise try calling them in with logistics. That should definitely work. Assuming turrets are available to request.

5. Thanks Hero... I'll have him give that a whirl. He set them up as automated turrets, accessible by UAV terminal, but I don't know if he actually got in them. I'll see what happens with that, and then report back here.

6. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Yes please do. It’s requests like these that make the ALiVE mod just get better and better, so thanks for being inquisitive and please pass along an update here once you try getting in and out (as also seeing if you can accomplish this with logistics, which assuming the turrets are in the list, will almost certainly work).

or Sign Up to reply!