Error Undefined Variable in expression: _profileid

1. ‹ Older
  2. 6 years ago

I was reading up on how to index maps. The process seemed a bit out of my league, but i'll see what I can do if it'll help the ALiVE community. All the hard work ya'll put into this mod enables nubs like me to make fun experiences, and that's pretty cool.

3. That would be cool if you could try. I handle a good portion of the indexing recently, along with a couple others, but had an issue with my PC and haven’t gotten around to reinstalling the tools after installing my OS again. If you do try it that would be great and we can help you if you get stuck or have questions.

4. I read the wiki on indexing. Either i'm about the dullest tool in the shed, or I just need more sleep before I can figure it out. I really am interested in doing this to help everybody, because the map is truly a great map, it's just going to take me a bit to understand the process.

5. Getting set up is the hardest part, but it’s really not that hard, it’s just the step by step is definitely a bit intimidating the way it’s written. The actual indexing part is pretty easy once you get going.

If you do take a stab at getting started, it’s ok to ask for help or clarification.

6. I have disabled Battleye.
    I don't use any AV.
    I have created an "ALiVE" folder in the @ALiVE folder in the ARMA3 !workshop directory.
    The ALiVE.ddl and the alive_object_blacklist.txt are both present.
    I have downloaded Mikero's tools, and copied the files to C:Windows System 32.
    I have downloaded the scripts and copied the folder to ARMA 3.
    I have downloaded Baretail, and loaded the latest ARMA3.rpt file (I have a bunch of them?)
    I have right click ARMA3 on steam and set launch properties to "-mod=@ALiVE; @CBA_A3; @Isla Abramia 3.9 -filePatching"

Presuming I've done this all correctly, I'll update you on the rest. I'm doing this as I type.

7. Edited 6 years ago by Preacher

Getting a lot of "No speaker given for"
    -image-

I'm probably fuckin this up for everybody.
    It seems to be stuck at 15/313
    -image-

8. I'm starting to feel this is kind of the map developers responsiblity 0_o. I think I just realized that I have to manually index whether or not the shown location is military/civilian, and what objects are permitted to spawn in the current scene. That's what I've come to understand?

Jesus 0_o 313 scenes.

9. I guess I'm a bit confused.

"Select all that apply"?. Idk what applies because I have no idea what I'm doing =(

10. You’re on the right track! Don’t give up! For one, don’t use the Workshop version of ALiVE for indexing. It’s designed to be found directly in the Arma 3 riot folder, not the !Workshop folder. Either download the standalone on the ALiVE site, or copy the one in your !Workshop folder and paste it over to the Arma 3 root.

Yes every object that shows up in the category or screen needs to be chosen as something. Such as blacklist. If it’s a civilian building, select civilian. If it’s a civilian building that’s enterable, select civilian AND the option below it for allowing civs to spawn.

For HQ’s, I try to make sure there’s at least one Military and one civilian. “Barracks” are excellent for Military HQ. For civilian I just try to select one of the larger civilian houses (they usually stand out as being exceptionally large and good for HQ’s).

If all else fails and you are not sure, you can type the object classname directly into the ALiVE Github search bar and see how other people have categorized certain objects. If Isla Duala, you’ll see my index for it there.

11. Oh man. I feel like I've made it this far and it should be clear. But tbh I'm so confused man. I don't mind taking the time to do this, but I really don't want to do this wrong and break something (which I tend to do a LOT).

I have a copy of @ALiVE in the Arma 3 directory for TADST? Is that what you mean?

12. Lol yeah it takes a bit of understanding. Example, if it’s a stack of garbage, it’s not something that needs to be categorized. So click blacklist. If it’s a military bunker that you can enter, select military object, then allow supplies to spawn inside as well.

Vehicles I very rarely let spawn unless the object has a shit ton of room around it in all instances.

For civilian, these are mostly “houses.” Any enterable one should be classified as civilian and for civ spawns. Any that can’t be entered should be just civilian.

For objects like hesco barriers, I usually blacklist them. It’s the buildings inside the bases that matter. Not the fence.

For “ruins” objects I usually blacklist, unless it’s an entire village of ruins houses then I’ll classify as civilian. Remember, any blacklisted objects will not be recognized by ALiVE and therefore won’t spawn fighters.

For helicopter spawns and aircraft, you’ll almost never have anything for civilian. So just focus on Military “rotary” (helicopters) or “fixed wing” (planes).

13. @Preacher Oh man. I feel like I've made it this far and it should be clear. But tbh I'm so confused man. I don't mind taking the time to do this, but I really don't want to do this wrong and break something (which I tend to do a LOT).

I have a copy of @ALiVE in the Arma 3 directory for TADST? Is that what you mean?

Don’t stress it. Feel free to type in any obiect classname on ALiVE Github search and you’ll see my Isla Duala index. For any building youare not sure, feel free to classify it as I did. I did this a lot when I first started. I always index in “windowed” mode so I can easily search the internet.

Yeah if @ALiVE is in your Arma 3 root, that’s perfect.

14. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

Also, I know you have no A.V., but turn off Windows Defender it you have it. I always close the Arma 3 launcher window as well. And again, always in Windowed mode. I do this because sometimes not only do I need to search online for stuff, but indexing can make your PC feel like it’s frozen sometimes so being in Windowed mode is a good way to reassure you your PC isn’t totally locked up.

15. Edited 6 years ago by Preacher

Yea I've already got windows defender disabled. And I play in Windowed fullscreen because I live stream full time and often need to switch windows and change settings while live. And I have the launcher set to close on launch.

I hope I didn't mess anything up. I started the process and then returned to the editor after I realized I was doing it wrong.

16. I've also noticed that I cannot bring up the ALiVE menu without having a player down on the map. Is that normal? The wiki just told me to place the module and launch the mission.

17. Hey if you live stream I wouldn’t mind setting aside some time to hang out with you and help you during an index. I usually am free after 8PM EST most nights.

No biggie really. You’ll get it. Either way. Just note, there is a very good chance any Isla Duala index won’t function even if you do it correctly (it’s not worth going into right now. Some data can get cut off in the files. We’ll need to clean that up). But if you get it to where you feel ok, we can handle the rest. :)

18. Edited 6 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

@Preacher I've also noticed that I cannot bring up the ALiVE menu without having a player down on the map. Is that normal? The wiki just told me to place the module and launch the mission.

Yes a player has to be placed on the map.

19. Yea man, I'm usually behind the computer all day long and into the evening. I'm based out of Idaho so GMT (UTC -07:00). Feel free to add me on steam and I'll get you the info and we can set up a stream or something to get this done.

I just want to make sure that I do it right ( to the best of my ability ). Because I absolutely love this map lol. All modules work fairly well for the most part. AI spawns randomly all over the map as intended, IED's are present though often times spawn within our base lol, but so far ALiVE has given the guys and I many hours of fun on Isla Abramia already, spite not having an auto tasker =).

See OP for contact info if you so choose.

20. Deleted 6 years ago by Preacher
  21. I sent you a friend request on Steam.

or Sign Up to reply!